5. where's my love

Start from the beginning

"Are you gonna go after her?" I ask Peter who just watches Wendy and Milo enter the darkness.

"No." Peter says, going back to his own tent and leaving me out here alone.

"You can't be serious." I say, following him into the tent only to see him sharpening his knife.

"I'm not the good guy remember." Peter reminds me, not looking at me. Everyone knew he was a villain, but in Wendy eyes he was a hero. He just has trouble seeing that.

"Come on, Peter. Be the better man." I tell him, only to see his expression turn cold and dark, "she needs you."

"No she doesn't."

"Peter, we both know that she--"

"No." He cuts me off, not wanting to hear anything else I have to say, "I screwed it up."

"There's still redemption, Peter. It's real and it's possible." I grab one of Peter's knives, "are you with me or not?"

He just stares at me and looks conflicted, "fine."

I smile, knowing Wendy would be the only reason he would go out there again.

We both know where Devin is heading and that's towards Captain Hook. He was the only option that Devin has to escape here.

But I couldn't help remember the day I saw in Peter's eyes when he fell in love with Wendy.

"All this and you're happy?" Wendy asks Peter who showed her around the camp.

"Not until I find the heart of the truest believer." Peter responds, looking at me because we both knew exactly who that was.

"To save Neverland, right?" Wendy asks, the both of us just nod but she looks confused, "so say you save Neverland, and you get more lost boys and you rule everything here. You'll be happy?"

"Yeah, I guess." Peter says, not entirely sure what Wendy was getting at.

"Can't there by something to make you happy now?" She asks him, but he stood there looking at her eyes.

"What about you? Huh?" Peter asks, deflecting the question only to make Wendy smile.

"Well I'm happy now. You guys saved me and I got what i wanted... A family." She giggled, smiling at Peter's reaction who just stared at her.

"What are you thinking about?" Peter asks me, interrupting the memory.

"You and Wendy would be adorable ya know." I commented, only to see Peter roll his eyes, "you should Tell her."

"Tell her what?"

"The thing you've been keeping a secret, Peter." I said, seeing that he didn't want to think about it right now.

"Look, Peter, I'm just trying to help, but anyone half awake can see how much you care about that girl."

"She's in love with someone else." He says, his voice revealing how broken he was without her.

"Cone on, Peter. We both know-"

"Let's just find Devin and bring him back." He Changes the subject rather quickly.

I watch as he traced Devin's footprints, but we couldn't find Wendys' or Milos'. I didn't want to bring it up either, knowing it would hurt Peter.

I remember the day Devin and Wendy were out together... Devin took Wendy out to the butterfly garden.

The place Peter took Wendy, but of course she doesn't remember.

I knew how much that hurt Peter, but he just won't show it. We both know that caring makes you weak.