prologue | starry eyes

☆☆☆

Mingyu didn't know the exact moment when he fell for Lisa Manoban.

How could he when the past waking moments of his life ever since he met her, directly went to the thoughts of Blackpink's maknae... Almost as if all he knew his entire life was is his heart's quickening pace at the mere reminder of her eyes.

Her eyes that reflected even the minuscule stars as she looked around the crowd of people that attending this year's award season. Smiling to herself, he knew how happy she was to be able to stand on stage like it was all she ever dreamed of.

And yet her delicate fingers where fidgeting out of nervousnesses, when she fixed the stray pieces of her golden hair behind her ear. Then she got into position with the other Blackpink members about to start their stage.

No one would've noticed the littlest details of the beauty the stole his heart, except for Mingyu of course, the man of the night that hasn't lifted his gaze from her. Seated front and center, he didn't dare to miss anything from their performance.

"My love is on fire..." The whole stadium chorused and he couldn't help but smile widely and warmth to engulf his chest—a common occurrence every time he watched her.

And just for a brief moment, she looked to his way with her starry eyes that was full of love. The hope he's suppressed started to bubble inside of him because of how it could be directed at him.

Maybe she knows...

To his disappointment—another added to his list of many, she didn't look at Mingyu but at the person behind him.

Curious about who was the lucky one to be the receiving end of her gaze, Mingyu instantly turned his back only to be to have his breath stuck in his throat.

Jeon Jungkook.

"Why did I even think otherwise..." Mingyu uttered under his breath trying his best not to let his hurt affect his heart too much. It was his fault anyway.

He didn't mean to fall Lisa Manoban.

Because he wasn't supposed to at all. Especially when her heart belonged to someone else already.

"You okay?" A voice beside him echoed. Diverting his attention to his friend, he sent a comforting smile towards Minghao.

"I'm fine," Mingyu replied as convincing as he could. But his friend knew he was far from fine. Choosing to let it go, as it was better that way, Minghao merely patted Mingyu's back.

Afterward, the taller idol weakly faced the stage once again and be greeted by Lisa's radiant smile now—meant for every audience that came to 2017's Seoul Music Awards.

Mingyu was sure, by now, there was probably many fancams of his relentless staring—but in that moment, he really didn't care. He was tired of hiding his true feelings in the face of many, but maybe, just once, he could have his private moment.

If catching glimpses of her fair skin, beaming smile and doe eyes was the only way he could satisfy the needs of his heart, or maybe—just maybe, finally convey how deeply in love he is with Lisa Manoban?

Then so be it.