25.

Don't forget to vote please! xx

It felt like an earthquake had passed, destabilizing everything, damaging every pillars holding the place at peace. Their world was in shambles, but no one felt pain more than Vivian as she held her husband's limp hand in hers.

She had saved her tears; it was no time for her to succumb to sadness. Her entire body ached, and it felt painful to breathe almost, but she remained stoic like ice, eyes set on Arthur's pale face and frequently wiping the few droplets of sweat appearing on his forehead. Everything was blurry, nothing else mattered but her husband's wellbeing. Her entire mind was focused on hearing his breaths, her surroundings being loudly silent except for Arthur's sharp exhales. The trembling puffs of air were the only thing keeping her sane. She almost didn't sense herself move out of the ambulance, and follow the trolley inside the hospital, it all felt natural, like immersed in water and letting the waves sway her.

Against her very will, she had to part ways with Arthur and the sudden loss of contact left a burning throb on her skin. She watched her trembling fingers, suddenly left by herself, with her fears and worries, and an avalanche of emotion crashed on her heart.

"Mom!" She faintly heard Harry, his yell muffled by her screaming mind. She couldn't cry. She didn't want to cry.

Strong arms wrapped around her, not realizing she had been stumbling on her feet, suddenly feeling so lightheaded. A strong smell engulfed her nostrils, recognizing her son's warm presence and Vivian let herself sink in him. Everything still felt like it was going slowly, the lessened speed of nurses walking around infuriated her and the dawdling move of Lindsey's mouth as she spoke to her made no sense. Slow and silent.

An eternity passed before she remotely felt a sense of reality again, curled up on a sofa by her husband's bed, eyes heavy from lack of sleep but still intently focused on his unmoving body. It had been a full day; he didn't want to wake up. The prospect of what it could mean was terrifying her, even thought the doctors kept reassuring Vivian that his surgeries went well; why wouldn't he wake up?

She sensed someone enter his room, recognizing Harry's tall figure approaching her seat with a cup of tea. Sorrow filled her heart, seeing her son look absolutely despaired, eyes dull except for the flickers of desolation in his green eyes. He had felt so many losses, he didn't deserve more.

Vivian lifted her arms, inciting Harry to walk closer and took him by surprise as she wrapped her arms around his. She felt him sigh deeply, his teary eyes wetting her robe as she held him as tightly as she could. She welcomed his warmth, engulfing his scent and being oh so grateful that he was healthy, and alive.

"Mom. Why didn't you tell me about dad?" His deep voice graveled, muffled by the press of his lips on her cotton garment. Vivian trembled at his question, having already expecting it from him. She had so little energy left in her, it took her everything just to open her mouth.

"He didn't want to," She murmured, feeling Harry grip her tighter. "He didn't want you to see him sick. Didn't want to make you feel pain. Not after Madison." Harry whimpered, heart too full with sorrow. He felt emotionally bruised, soul constantly punched, pulled at and torn by constant horrifying events and he knew he couldn't handle more. He couldn't lose his father too.

Though the Queen needed her son, his happiness went beyond her own feelings. She couldn't bear to see him in such state anymore, he needed a support system, he needed his love back. He shouldn't have to endure what she was going through.