Chapter 9

Author's Note

Hello again! This idea(and many more)came to me around 11:30 last night. It's a bad idea to have me thinking about my fanfiction that late. I hope you guys like this. Please share, rate, and comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The breakfast table was crowded and noisy. Myra bit into her blueberry muffin as IA asked, "Where's Rin? She's never late for breakfast." Every body shrugged or muttered about not knowing. "I saw Len-kun earlier," Miku said, "But I haven't seen Rin at all." Luka looked around "I don't see her either. Maybe somebody should go get her." Kokone stood up. "I'll go get Rin!" The others nodded as Kokone ran down the hall. "So, are we practicing songs today?" Myra asked. Luka nodded. "Those of us that have songs. I think only Rin, Len, and Miku have songs already, but we all want to hear them." Myra wondered when she would be able to get her song done. Just then, Kokone came running back with Rin. "Sorry I'm late," Rin said, "I guess I overslept." Miku leaned over the table to tell Rin, "We're practicing our songs after breakfast, so make sure Len knows." Rin nodded and went to get her breakfast.

"Alright," Miku said, "We'll have Rin and Len go first. They'll be singing Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder." IA started up the music and Rin began to sing.

Migi kata ni

Murasaki chocho

Kisu wo-

Rin's voice cut off as she doubled over in a coughing fit. Len was immediately right next to her. "Are you alright?" He asked, his eyes full of concern. Rin nodded. "I'm...fine." IA looked doubtfully at Rin. "Maybe you should sit down..." Rin shook her head. "It's nothing...Really..." However, nobody ended up believing that it was nothing because at that moment, Rin stumbled and fell against the wall. Miku took charge. "Luka, go get a chair for Rin. IA, go get a nurse, and Kokone, get Rin some water." The ones with tasks nodded and ran off. Myra knelt next to Rin and Len, unsure of what to say. Miku joined them. "Rin, why did you come to practice today if you weren't feeling well?" Rin shrugged, keeping her head down. "I don't know...I guess I'm just an idiot." Before anybody could respond, IA rushed back into the room, a nurse following behind her. "I found a nurse!" she announced. Miku crossed the room to where IA was. "Thanks." The nurse walked over to Rin and knelt next to her, helping her to stand so they could get to the infirmary. "I'm going to have to ask you two to step back," she told Myra and Len. Myra obidently stepped back, but Len stayed where he was. Myra grabbed his arm. "Come on, Len. She'll be fine." Len stepped back and turned to Myra. "But Rin never gets sick. Ever." Myra could see the concern plainly on his face. "It's okay. Everybody gets sick eventually, right?" Len nodded "I guess."

Myra sat on her bed, replaying the day's events in her head. Everybody was worried about Rin, especially Len. Myra decided that she should go to bed. It was getting late and all this worrying was making her start to feel sick. I'm sure Rin will be better soon, She thought to herself.

Another Author's Note

I feel kind of boring, using Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder in this chapter, because it seems like everybody puts it in their stories. Even so, I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'm planning something cute for the next one. Also, if you haven't listened to Proof of Life, you should. It kind of helps set the mood for this chapter.