12|The Blossom Key And A Grand Ball

Start from the beginning

"Not if the permission is given" was Taylor's vague reply

"What are you thinking Sam?"

"A great plan. Get ready Olivia, we are leaving this dreadful place come Solstice eve"

Taylor slept peacefully for the first time that night. That pressing feeling that burned at the back of her chest like someone who needed something but didn't know what  exactly, had completely reduced.
The previous day she had worried herself sick about the Mirea story, Anghel and the hoax cream that was meant to make her wounds fester. Now it all didn't matter anymore, in 10 days it all would be a bad dream.

As she wandered  happily in dreamland, the diamond shaped necklace around her neck emitted its nightly glow; to protect or to harm was a matter still largely unknown.

**************
The next morning, Olivia rushed into the room with a breakfast tray and startled Taylor who was just getting dressed. One look at the girl's grinning face made Taylor anxious for good news. God knew it was long due.

"Well, spit it out, I know you're dying to" Taylor teased as she carefully slipped into the green muslin gown, carefully not to upset her healing wounds.

"Oh Sam! There is going to be a ball tonight! That was what all the activities of yesterday was all about." Olivia was all but bouncing in her toes from excitement

Taylor could only smile at the girl's contagious enthusiasm. Balls were a foreign concept to Taylor, a dressed up affair she only read about between book pages. But at least there would be a genuine reason to leave the room without getting into any trouble and maybe implementing her plan.

"Oh Sam, a ball! I have only witnessed it once in my home town. But it wasn't anything fancy. And it's especially rare in Ardelean. The last ball in Ardelean, I heard, was once, during the late queen's birthday. I wonder why there is a grand ball happening just out of the blue."

Then she turned and gave Taylor a critical look.

"You would soon be the Queen of Ardelean, you have to look spectacular to night and nothing in that closet would suit that purpose"

Taylor gave an unqueen-like scoff
"Some queen I am. I have the mind to appear in my underwear. It would show them. Ignoring me and locking me up here for days.."
Taylor had to stop and giggle at Olivia's completely scandalised look.

"Oh come on I was just joking. I have nothing to wear anyways, I might as well just sit it out" she said with a shrug, having second thoughts. How humiliating was it to attend a ball you weren't invited in a muslin dress?

"No you're not"
The foreign voice made them both jump.
In all the excitement, Olivia hadn't shut the door, which now contained the large frame of Anghel dressed in his favourite colour; black. He was holding what seamed like yards of filmy purple fabric in his arms.

Taylor stared at him, noting his hair had been trimmed shorter and his face clean shaven. His blue eyes seemed brighter as they watched her too. It took more than a second for Taylor to remember she was mad at him...should be mad at him. Neither talked though. Which made the silence increasingly awkward.
Anghel cleared his throat the exact moment she asked "what are you...?"

Silence again, as if both were waiting for the other to talk. Olivia quickly finished her task of laying the small breakfast table, she curtsied and hurried out the  room with the giant pink elephant.

"I brought you a dress" Anghel said finally, letting himself in.

Taylor sat in front of her vanity mirror and pretended to be  engrossed with combing her hair, her back to him.

"OK"

"It's for the ball tonight"

"Ok"

"--"

A movement behind her and a sneak peek showed him laying a voluminous gown on the bed.

"I hope you like purple. The seamstress was out of pink fabrics, I hear mortal girls like that a lot"

"OK"

Taylor waited expectedly for his footstep to indicate him leaving the room, which didn't come.

"You're mad at me"

"Give the genius a medal" was the sarcastic reply.

Anghel let out a sigh.

"I am sorry." Surprisingly, it sounded sincere, unplanned.

Taylor's hand stilled. She turned and fixed him her most ferocious looks.

"For what sin exactly. 'Cause heaven knows I've lost count and I haven't been here a week!"

"For threatening you the other day" if she didn't know better she would think he sounded like a scolded child.

"Oh is that all? What about the woman you killed in my front, what about locking me up in here without even a visit once?  For being a total douchebag since i got here or about sending me a harmful cream for my wounds? What? Too small to apologize for?"

"What cream?"

Taylor raised her hands in exasperation

"Really? What cream? Is that all you have to say"

"There is nothing to apologize for except for the one I just did. The fate of that fae was decided the moment she broke boundary laws. The reason I didn't visit can't be discussed yet. I have no idea what a douche bag does. That's leaving the cream, which I know nothing of"

"Olivia got a cream she said came from you. The doctor said it had been hindering my healing process"
Taylor said crossing her arms, combat mode. Olivia wouldn't give her just any cream if it wasn't from him.

"Where is your maid. I'll have her interrogated, Someone might be trying to hurt you"

"You'll do no such thing to that girl" Taylor stated, dropping her arms.

"There you go again. Why are you so protective of someone you hardly know, someone that just might be trying to hurt you?"

"Just because I have no protector doesn't mean I can't protect somebody else"

Anghel opened his mouth then closed it at second thought.

"There is just no reasoning with mortals" was his exasperated reply

"Racist"

"What?"

"Its what we mortals call people with your train of thought"

"I know what....argh, just forget it. Emese said she would be by to get you ready for your ball and our consummation night. Ill leave you to whatever it is you are doing"

"Wait! What did you just say?"

The amused smirk on anghel's face showed he meant to upset her.
"Which part?"

"'Your ball' and the other part.." Taylor trailed, suddenly unable to meet his gaze

"Well, the king ordered the ball in your honour to thank you properly for saving his life. And also, tonight is when we become a real couple"

Taylor gasped as the comb she held clattered to the floor.

"Am not...we are not.." Taylor could feel her face heat up as she tried to form a coherent word

Anghel smirked fully now and stalked towards her. She watched him closed the gap in a daze, till he was directly in front of her and bent to whisper seductively in her ear;

"How long did you think you'd be able to hide hmm Taylor? Tonight, you will finally become mine. Not only in body, but soul, my dear, dear sweet wife"

A/N
I missed writing this.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I wrote it. Pls point out mistakes or typos. I wrote this high on caffeine at 3am. lol
So, what are your thoughts on Olivia? What about Taylor? I'd love to hear from you really.
Please, please, please don't forget to vote, comment, and share. Those three things make my day.

Starlily1♥♥♥