What time does Sam's start tonight?

It was Dylan. On Thursday we exchanged numbers after acknowledging the fact that after a week's detention we had in fact became friends.

7:30

I answered. He replied a few seconds later.

Thanks. See you tonight

For some reason the idea of texting Dylan while fully naked started to bother me, so I threw my phone back onto the bed and went and go in the shower. I welcomed the heat that scorched my body at first contact. Tonight I was going to get seriously drunk and hopefully distract myself and have a good time. I avoided Kelly all week, but I knew I was probably going to end up talking to her tonight. I just hope it's while I'm relatively sober and I don't hook up with her instead.

I turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist and headed into my room. What to wear? I stood in front of the mirrored sliding doors of my wardrobe. The wardrobe covered the wall up to my door. The bathroom door was on the left hand wall as you enter the room, along with my desk and corkboard which feature a variety of photos of my and the guys etc. My bed was in the middle of the room and on the far wall was a window overlooking the back garden and the remaining space on the wall was took up by an Imagine Dragons poster and an Arctic Monkeys poster, along with concert and football tickets from over the years.

I slid open my wardrobe door and pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans and a dark green long sleeved shirt. I quickly got dressed, rolled up my shirt sleeves and pulled on my good pair of converse. I brushed my teeth and added some wax to my hair before going downstairs. Cam was picking me up in five minutes so I decided to just get something to eat at Sam's. I said goodbye to mum, dad wasn't home yet, and told her not to wait up. I heard Cam's horn and grabbed my leather jacket and phone before getting in his car.

We pulled up outside Sam's at seven thirty and managed to park in the drive. Sam lived on the outskirts of town with hardly any neighbours; perfect for a high school party. Cam and I got out of the car and headed into the house, along with others who were just arriving. Sam lived in a massive house. Massive. So a party with a few hundred people wasn't a problem for him. The sound of Fall Out Boy, Sugar We're Going Down was blasting from the house, and the sound only increased when we entered. People were mingling on the stairs and in the main lobby, but Cam and I pushed our way through to the back of the house where the kitchen was situated. Both Cam and I were greeted by a chorus of cheers from Sam, Matt and some other guys and a beer was shoved into my hand.

"'Bout time you got here mate," said Sam, flinging his arm round my shoulders. "Since Matt is still going strong with Elle, and nobody is going to go near Cam with that black eye you gave him," cue the chorus of laughs and a scowl from Cam, "I am your designated wingman tonight!"

I laughed and took a swing of my beer. Slowly more and more people began to show up. Girls came up to Sam and I, Cam went up to girls but that black eye really was dulling his charm, and byeight fifteen I was getting nervous. Where was Dylan? Sam went off with some girl and I grabbed another beer, glancing at the clock every twenty seconds. At twenty past eight Dylan walked through the kitchen door and gave me a wave. It felt as though a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Had I really been stressing that much about whether or not he would show? As he made his way over, my eyes drank in his appearance. For once he didn't have on black skinny jeans; instead he had on light blue skinny jeans that were ripped at the knees with a pair of lace up black boots and a v neck black t shirt. He looked good. I downed the rest of my beer and gave him a half hug when he got to me.

"Want a beer?" I yelled over the music. He nodded and I grabbed us both another beer.

"Thanks man," he said, taking a drink. My eyes focused on his lips as he raised the bottle to his mouth. I took a drink to distract myself, but my breath caught when Dylan leaned in close to me.

"Sam still knows how to throw a party, huh?"

I swallowed my beer and took a deep breath before replying. "Anything for the girls, he would say."

Dylan laughed and being this close to him, I'm sure I caught a glimpse of a tongue piercing I'd never noticed before. We talked for bit, until a shock of red hair caught my eye. Sure enough, Kelly had just walked into the kitchen. Dylan, following my gaze, caught my arm.

"Go talk to her," he said, taking another swing of his second beer. I downed my fourth and made my way over to her. She turned around and caught my eye, and I nodded in the direction of the back door and she made her way to follow me outside. I leaned against the railing of the decking and breathed in the night air. The sound of the party was drowned out as Kelly shut the door behind her.

God, she was beautiful. Her long, red hair fell in soft curls over her shoulders, framing he delicate face. I liked that she wore minimal make up, she defiantly didn't need it. She was naturally pretty, and she had such a kind, funny, genuine personality that made her all the more beautiful. Even looking into her dark brown eyes, full of sadness and hope, I didn't feel any regret. I didn't have any longing to get back together with her, and that is what broke my heart. Here was a beautiful, perfect girl stood right in front of me, and let's face it, I wasn't going to do any better than her. But I didn't want her.

"Hey," I said. Way to go and be lame, Alec.

"Hey," she said back. I took a deep breath.

"I wanted to talk to you," I began, "just to clear the air. I felt like a right dickhead for breaking up with you, especially because I didn't have a reason to give you for doing that."

She walked over and leaned against the decking next to me. Her hair blew in the breeze and the smell of her perfume engulfed me. Sweet and familiar. But I still don't want her.

"Even now, I still don't have a reason. I just know that us being together wasn't fair on you, and that you deserved someone who could return the way you felt. All I know is that my reason for ending it definitely had nothing to do you."

"Alec-"she began, but I held up my arm.

"Just let me finish please. I just need you to know that it wasn't your fault. It could have never been your fault."
" Alec," she began again, taking my face in her hands. "Love takes time. It takes some people longer than others; I just wish you would have spoken to me before hand."

Then she kissed me.

I probably shouldn't have kissed her back, but I'm going to blame that on the four beers. I put my hands on her waist and tried to give in to the kiss. I focused on her hands in my hair, the feel of her tongue stroking mine. I tried to enjoy it. I tried to be turned on, but nothing. I pulled away, pushing her away from me. The look of hurt on her face at that moment would be scarred in my mind forever.

"I'm sorry Kelly," I said, before quickly walking into the woods at the back of Sam's house, away from everything I should want but for some reason couldn't.