"Sorry, I just haven't been in an actual home for longer than I can remember." If my heart wasn't already breaking just by the look in her eyes, her words finished the job. "I've always been in and out of crazy houses so long I can't remember what it's like to actually be in a home. It's just, it's weird to me." Y/N continued on in a quiet voice. I didn't know how else to react, only moving forward to wrap Y/N in another hug which she was clearly surprised by. I cleared my throat just in case I didn't sound like I was getting choked up at the taller girl's words.

"You don't have to apologize at all. Now that you're here though, you can make yourself at home. Anything you want or need, just ask. You don't have to walk around here being uncomfortable or anything because now, what's mine is yours." I pulled away from the hug to look into Y/N's eyes so that she would know I was serious. She nodded her head before looking down at her feet.

"Actually, can I take a shower first? I can't take feeling like this anymore." The taller girl questioned as she motioned to her body. I didn't know exactly what she meant by feeling the way she was but I nodded my head either way. I grabbed her hand before leading her to the bathroom where I showed her where everything was. "Thanks Lauren, I really appreciate this." I smiled at Y/N's words, making the rash decision to lean in to give her a kiss on the cheek before I left her to do her own thing. I mentally cursed myself for kissing her cheek again but in the end I wasn't mad about it. I tried to keep myself busy since the thought of my extremely attractive patient being naked in the other room wasn't doing anything good for my well-being.

I cleaned up the kitchen for the most part until I heard Y/N call out my name from the bathroom. I made my way back to see that the taller girl stood in only her shirt and her underwear. I had to tear my gaze away from the sight to look up at Y/N, who had a sheepish face. "Uh, I hate to ask but do you have any sweats I could borrow? I thought I had some but uh, yeah." She hesitantly met my eyes as she fiddled with her fingers. I hurriedly made my way to my room and grabbed the biggest pair of sweats I had, hoping they would fit the taller girl. When I came back, I couldn't help but let my eyes stray down below Y/N's waistline since her back was now facing me. I shook my head and held out the sweats once I called her name to let her know I was there. Y/N quickly grabbed the sweats before slipping them on.

"You said you had sweats before, what happened to them? If you don't mind me asking." I quickly interjected once I saw that Y/N froze in her spot. She shook her head while clearing her throat. The Y/H/C haired girl turned to me before crossing her muscled arms over her chest. She was quiet at first, scratching the back of her neck as I could see her trying to come up with an answer that she was able to put into words. After what seemed like several minutes, Y/N finally sighed before speaking.

"One of the main reasons I asked you not to let me go back there was because everyone treated me like I was nothing. The guards hated me, the other inmates hated me, everyone did. They made my life a living hell, and I wouldn't be able to survive if I had to go back a second time. The inmates stole my clothes, the guards beat me when no one else was watching, I was being touched inappropriately. I hated it there. But please Lauren, don't let me go back. It was horrible, I wouldn't wish that on even my worst enemy." Y/N seemed to get choked up once she was telling me what had happened to her while no one else was watching. Her words made my blood boil, and I could feel myself clenching my fists where I stood in the doorway of the bathroom. When I saw that Y/N's hands began to shake, I stopped my rage because I knew that meant one of two things.

Either she was shaking because she was scared and emotional, or that this panic attack was going to trigger another blackout. I quickly jumped to grab Y/N's hands, rubbing my thumbs over her knuckles to try to calm her down. Eventually it worked, and soon enough the taller girl had stopped shaking. I sighed to myself at the bullet we had dodged but I didn't remove my hands away from Y/N's. "Did anything else happen? We need to tell Normani to see if we can have something done about it. That's not okay for that to happen to you." I explained. Y/N shook her head causing me to raise an eyebrow. "Y/N we need to do something, especially if you were sexually harassed." I lightly scolded instead. Again, the taller girl shook her head but as I tried to speak up again, she startled me into silence.