As I waited, I looked across the road. I saw Sal standing at his living room window, staring at me. I waved, letting him realize I noticed his staring. He snapped back into reality and gave a sheepish wave back. I rolled my eyes and motion for Speckles to get in the car. I walked around to the other side and got in. But before I could get in, Sal ran across the road and came up to me.

"Hey Addison." Sal greeted.

"Hi Sal." I greeted back.

"Where are you going? And also, why aren't you at work?" He asked.

"I'm dropping off Speckles at Gatto's place. I'm going to get a surprise. Also, I'll explain why I'm not at work to you later. Right now, I have to go." I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I'm holding you up. I was just checking to...see if you were, y'know, alright." Sal stuttered.

"Yeah, I seen that." I motioned my head towards his window.

Sal's face turned the color of a tomato. I just chuckled and gave him a kiss on his cheek. He was shocked.

"See ya later neighbor." I winked.

"Y-yeah. See ya." Sal waved.

I got into my car, closed the door, buckled in, and drove off. I rolled the window down for Speckles to stick her head out. I put my rays on and turned up the radio. It was a nice day. I was almost glad that I got fired. I wouldn't have the time to be taking in a beautiful day like this. It was honestly astonishing.

>><<

I knocked three times before the door opened. There stood Joe with his daughter Milana in his hands. A towel rested over his other shoulder and a spatula was in his free hand. He gave a bright smile at me as I returned one back. Speckles stood beside me, already sniffing the air of the other dogs.

"Hello! Welcome to the Gattos!" Joe greeted.

I chuckled. "Hello Joe. Hi Milana!"

Milana gave a small wave back. Joe invited me in and I thanked him. I took a step in and kept Speckles next to me on a leash.

"I'm not bothering you am I?" I asked, referring to the spatula in his hand.

"Nope. Just making lunch really. So you're not interrupting anything." Joe said with a smile.

"Well good. Um, I don't know if you want me to let Speckles go so she can explore or..."

"Oh, here, let me take her from you." Joe said putting Milana down on the ground.

Milana ran off to her toys as Joe took the leash from my hands. I gave him a side smile, feeling a little guilty.

"What's with that face?" Joe asked.

"Nothing, I just feel like I'm interrupting you're time. Are you sure you want to do this? I can totally ask someone el-"

"Addison," Joe started, "you are not interrupting anything. Okay? I'm more than happy to take care of Specks for ya! Plus, I think she's already loving the company of the other dogs."

I looked to see that, sure enough, even with the leash on, Speckles was sniffing and playing with the Gatto dogs. I smiled, taking in the sight for a good mental picture.

"Well, I have to go." I started. I bent down to Speckles level and hugged her. "Be a good girl, okay? Love you girly." I gave her a kiss.

"Awe, how sweet." Joe commented.

I rolled my eyes and let her off her leash. She was hesitant at first, but then she headed off to see Milana.

"She's in good hands." Joe reassured.

"I know she is." I said, not keeping my eyes off of my dog.

>><<

"Any suggestions?" I asked.

I decided to pick up Brian to help me out. Not only that, but I wanted to talk about the job suggestion for the television show they do. I was curious and wanted to know what everything would be.

"Nope, got none. I own cats, you have to remember. So, you have to pick one that'll be nice around Speckles and her age. By the way, how old is Speckles now?" Brian asked.

"She's seven now. " I said looking at the dogs.

"Wow, she's getting pretty old, huh?" Brian said.

"Yeah, she's getting up in those ages." I said with a sigh.

As I was looking at all the breeds, one really caught my eye. It seemed to be an older dog. It laid on its bed, just enjoying itself. I awed and walked up to the cage it was cooped up in. I wrapped my hands around the metal bars and stared at it. It had white and brown fur. It had black spots covering its ears and all over its body. It's eyes were different colors; one was brown, one was light blue. The brown coat was only shown around her neck and part of the crevasse of her legs. I smiled.

"What gender is it?" I asked as the dog came up to me, rubbing its body along my hands.

"It's a girl." Brian replied, looking at the tag next to her cage.

"Tell me about her...?" I asked Brian.

"Her name is Lady. She's an Australian Shepard and she's eight. She's also been rescued a few months ago. Found her in an abandoned barn along with four puppies, not hers." Brian read aloud.

I smiled to myself. Lady was cute and not only that, but at least a year older than Speckles. I think they would get along well. Just then, an employee walked by.

"Can I help you guys?" He asked.

"Can I get her?" I asked, not looking up at the man.

"Sure thing."

I finally looked up at the man and smiled at him. I looked at Brian, who was smiling down at me.

"She's perfect."