"Those are your parents" I smiled back at Matthew who was watching.

"Yeah" He nodded.

"Are they-"

"Stealing clothes from the locker room?" Matthew laughed.

"Why are we doing this again?" Aunt Miriam's voice said from behind the camera.

"Because Adam forgot my birthday" Mrs. Preston rolled her eyes. "We've been dating since we were Freshman and he forgot it?"

"What about you Kendra? Why're you stealing River's clothes?"

"Oh because I don't like him" Mom shrugged and I laughed.

"That was actually funny" Matthew laughed.

We watched as Mr. Preston and River ran out of the locker room in their towels.

"Damn it Taylor" Mr. Preston yelled.

"Shouldn't have forgot my birthday" Mrs. Preston taunted.

"What did I do?" Dad groaned.

"Nothing. I just hate you" Mom grinned.

"Oh you don't hate me. You wanted to see me naked" Dad wiggled his eyebrows.

"Ew" I groaned.

"Liar!" Mom hissed.

"I'm a liar? Oh come on. Everyone knows you love me" Dad took a step forward.

"I don't love you River!"

Right as Dad went to jump towards Mom to get his clothes the tape cut off.

"Awe I wanted to see what happened" Matthew groaned and I laughed.

"I'll put on the next-"

"I love you River" Our heads snapped towards the TV.

There my parents were. 8 years later. Getting married.

"I love you too Kendra" Dad replied.

"Hey what's this?" Matthew asked and I looked over at the small white card in his hand.

"I don't know" I furrowed my eyebrows. "That's my mom's handwriting though"

"It says to call this number when you're 18. You're 18 right?" Matthew asked and I nodded. "Then call it"

I took my phone out and dialed the number.

"Hello, this is Brendan Towers. Who is this?" A deep voice said on the other end.

"Uhm Hi. My names Brielle Clark" I said slowly and I heard him sigh.

"Kendra Clark's daughter?"

"Uhm yes-"

"I'm free in an hour if you come down to my office to talk about the will"

"Will?" I asked and Matthew raised his eyebrows at me.

"Your mother's will, yes. Come to my office in an hour and we will discuss how to proceed"

"I'm not in Chicago though?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Neither am I. 1247 Propel Road in Westview. Please don't be late" He hung up on me.

"What happened?" Matthew asked.

"My mom has a will and I need to go to some guys office to get it?" I said confused.

"Where?"

"Um 1247 Propel Road. in Westview" I said and Matthew furrowed his eyebrows like he was thinking.

"That's an attorney office. My dad knows the guy... um Brendan something?"

"Towers?"

"Yeah! Towers" He snapped his fingers. "When do you have to go?"

"Um now" My eyes widened. How was  I going to get there? Faye wasn't home and Aunt Miriam didn't have a car.

"I can take you. I have nothing better to do anyway" He offered.

"Really?" I squealed while pulling him into a hug.

"Yeah" He stood there awkwardly until I pulled back.

"Sorry" I laughed.

It took us a little bit over an hour to get there since Matthew only drove on side roads. I didn't blame him though. Inner Westview was like a big city. Everyone and everything moved fast.

"Can I help you?" An older woman asked as we walked into the office building.

"I'm here to see Brendan Towers" I smiled politely.

"Brielle Clark?" She asked and I nodded. "Straight up those stairs"

Matthew and I walked up the stairs and knocked on the door that had a plaque that said 'Brenda Towers'.

The door opened and I had to look straight up. The man standing in front of me was a whole foot taller than me and had a wide stature.

"Mrs. Clark?" He took a few steps back and I nodded. "Come in"

Matthew and I walked in and sat in the chairs in front of a desk. The man, I assume is Brendan Towers, walked around the opposite side of the desk and sat.

"Im sorry for your loss" He said and I nodded.

"Thank you"

We spent 40 minutes discussing everything and signing legal documents before he handed me a large manilla envelope.

"That's everything your mother wanted to give you"

"Thank you"

We had just left the building when I decided to open the envelope.

"Brielle?" Matthew looked back at me. "What's wrong?"

"Money" I stared wide-eyed at the check in my hands.

"Money?" He furrowed his eyebrows and walked back to look at the check. "That's almost-"

"A million dollars" I looked over at him. "Oh my god"

"Holy shit" He stared at the check and then at me. "You're a millionaire"

a u t h o r s    n o t e

Well we found the missing Vegas money lol I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Don't forget to,

Vote, Comment and Follow!

c a m m i