It didn't take long before I felt a strong arm snake its way around my shoulders. I turned to look and saw kind brown eyes staring back at me. I smiled back politely before the stranger introduced himself.

"Hey, I'm Chris" he said with an award winning smile.

"Ella" I said with a smile. I turned my attention back to the crowd of people before turning my attention back to Chris.

"It's my first time here" he said as he looked out into the crowd with curious eyes.

"Me too" I said before my eyes once again fell onto the crowd, but this time I wasn't able to look away so fast. My eyes became intertwined with emerald ones.

Bill's emerald eyes...

"You okay?" Chris asked waving his hand in front of my face, disrupting the trance I was in.

"Yeah" I said nervously trying not to raise any questions. I turned my full attention back onto Chris but I could feel Bill's gaze on me.

"Can I get you a drink?" Chris offered.

"Already ordered one" I said awkwardly with a small smile.

"Well let me order you another one" he said with a gentle laugh.

"I'm good thank you" I responded politely before I looked at the crowd once again. Bill was now gone and somehow I felt a bit better.

"You're from the city?" I asked Chris.

"Yeah, are you?" He asked.

"Moved here about a year ago for school" I responded.

"Oh cool, what are you majoring in?" He asked again. Before I could respond, I saw the server come with my drink.

"Thank you" I said over the loud music but I doubt he'd heard me. I took a sip from my drink and I could already feel myself unwinding. I looked around, tapping my foot to the beat of the music.
Completely forgetting the question Chris had asked me.

"Hey man, she's taken" I heard a male voice say right beside me. I could feel Chris stand up immediately.

"My bad, she didn't say anything" Chris said with a confused look on his face. He turned to look at me with questioning and warning eyes. He was standing in front of the strange man so I wasn't able to identify the voice. Once Chris walked away I could clearly see the owner of the voice. It was a tall man in a dark suit. He was a bit on the overweight side with serious eyes. He took a quick look at me before turning around and walking away.

I sat there completely dumbfounded and decided maybe it was time for me to head out. I placed cash on the table and proceeded to stand up. Some slow 80's themed song began to play and that indicated the club would be closing soon since it was a weekday.

I walked out into the cold air with people stumbling right beside me, drunk to the point of no return. I decided that the strange encounter in the club was a sign from God himself telling me to go home. Before I could make it to the stoplight to cross the street, I felt a large hand grab at my shoulder.

I turned around expecting to see Chris. He probably was confused at the situation as much as I was but instead I was greeted with dark emerald eyes.

"Bill" I said as people began to cross the street next to me, leaving me behind.

"You're usually not here" he said signaling to the club with his head. He had a weird tone in his voice, almost like anger and suspicion.

"I felt adventurous" I said stepping a bit back causing his hand to slip down my leather jacket and onto his side.

"How have you been?" He asked changing the subject. We were now surrounded by people pouring out of the club. Bill looked slightly annoyed at all the noise as he licked his lip and turned his attention back on me.

"I'm great, how about yourself?" I said fixing the strap of my purse on my shoulder in awkwardness.

"Who were you with?" He asked.

"Just out of curiosity" he added to his question rather quickly.

"I don't know, didn't get the chance to meet him properly due to some strange man pulling him out of there" I said looking around for the man.

"Weird" Bill said as he quickly shook his shoulders in what seemed like anxiousness causing me to grow suspicious.

"Anyways, I better head home" I said preparing to turn around and cross the street that was now being crossed by other people.

"See ya around" I lied as I began to walk away.

"Ella" Bill called after me rather confidently. I turned around quickly and watched him stand still, looking like the most beautiful human I've ever seen.

"Don't play this game" he said with a low voice.

"You won't win" he said.