Chapter 2

7 years later

The sound of loud cars awoke me once again, it was something I was yet to get accustomed to.
After the move to the big city, I stopped needing my phone for an alarm and instead used the daily morning traffic instead.

I slowly sat up from bed, trying not to die as my eyes screamed at me to let them shut. The room temperature was warm, unlike those bitter cold mornings when I was late almost everyday to class due to wanting to stay under my warm blankets.

The sun softly kissed my room as I looked around for nothing in particular. I was still awestruck at where I was. Everything about this place felt brand new, even months after moving in. The way the streets buzzed with people and how sunny days were a blessing here and the strong smell of coffee as you walked down the busy streets.

I finished up my daily routine that I followed for years that somehow felt new every time I did it now. It's as if this city changed you, the way you felt and your perspective on things.

I quietly made my way out the front door, careful not to wake my roommate who had class later in the day.

I strolled down the street, listening to the various conversations around me as they floated up to the air. Everyone seemed so busy, so on task, and maybe that would be a good thing for me.

I turned the corner, trying not to bump into anyone. I could see the entrance of my school and I hurried my pace. I wanted to feel the cool air conditioning on me as I felt myself beginning to sweat.

I was stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed an abnormally large amount of people crowded into the main area. I looked around, stood on my tiptoes and walked around trying to figure out what exactly was happening.

When I didn't get an answer, I decided to give up and squeeze my way into class anyways. My college was quite small, nothing major, but I had chosen it for that specific reason. I've always been sort of reserved and I intended to keep it that way.

"Ella!" I heard a familiar voice call behind me. I swiftly turned around trying not the get bumped into by stopping midway in the hall. I could see one of my classmates calling for me, someone I briefly talked to before.

"Hey what's up?" I asked a bit confused at the sudden interest she had in me. She slowly jogged up to me, a huge smile on her face.

"Did you hear?" She asked as she clapped excitedly causing me to flinch slightly.

"No..?" I responded getting more confused by the second. She quickly turned around to look at the large crowed before looking back towards me.

"You know that scary clown movie that recently came out?" She asked.

"Uh huh" I responded trying to figure out exactly what she was talking about.

"Well the director and that actor who played the clown came for a visit" she said as she clapped once again.

I gave her a tight smile before speaking up.

"That's great!" I said trying not to sound unenthusiastic.

Before she could respond, a loud roaring of screams filled the main area.

"Some people don't even go to this college, the information got leaked" she said over the loud noise. I nodded to let her know I heard her before parting ways. I didn't want to be any more late to class than I already was.

I swiftly sat down in one of the empty seats right before the lecture started. This had to be my favorite class and I was glad I decided to take a creative writing class.