Missing hats and a pretty face

The next morning, Shuuichi was up and about. He quickly got ready, put on his clothing and finally his cap. He grabbed his things and went to attend another day at Hopes peak academy, another altered and different day. On his way inside, he accidentally bumped into someone else, he turned around and quickly apologized to realize who he had bumped into.

"It's alright, no need to be in such a rush." Rantarou said reassuringly, his voice was calm and soothing. "Did you get Kaede's message last night?" He asked, most likely referring to the one that read Rantarou's phone number. "I-I did but really.. you don't have to do this for me, don't force yourself.." Shuuichi said in his soft spoken voice, avoiding eye contact. But Rantarou went closer and Shuuichi let out a yelp as he felt a hand touch Shuuichi's cap, the thin fabric pressed against his scalp as he felt the warmth of Rantarou's hand. "I'm not forcing myself, I don't mind it at all. I'm helping someone and that's all that matters, I don't dislike you at all Saihara." He said once again in his calming voice. "B-but-" "it's okay, don't worry, I'm here for you." Rantarou cut him off and Shuuichi tensed and even blushed a little. He sounded exactly like Kaede. He felt the hand rise from his head and the fabric of his cap popping back into shape after being held down.

Shuuichi was too shy to admit but really, Rantarou was kind of handsome. He had a tall and nicely built stature, his face was pretty with long-ish eyelashes, his tender green hair ran down his face and back of the neck gracefully, his skin was a nice color with a tint of tan, his piercings stylishly scattered themselves on his ears, and his eyes and smile were so warm and welcoming. It was especially embarrassing because such a guy was suddenly close to him. Shuuichi shook his head and clapped his hands on his cheeks, he shouldn't be thinking like this!

The school didn't have a strict 'no hat' policy so he normally wore his hat during the whole school day. That is until gym class, in which no hats were allowed. Shuuichi was rather embarrassed to go without his hat but he needed the credits so he would keep it in his locker. He was just relieved that Rantarou didn't share the same gym period. Everything went smoothly for the most part and through the exercise, he managed to forget about it. Especially since Kaito Momota was his partner most of the time. He knew Kaito fairly well as he was a classmate in some of his classes, he wouldn't say that they're best friends. They were just acquaintances and got along fairly well. Kaito was hardworking especially in gym class and sometimes Shuuichi had a hard time keeping up with him.

The worst part about gym class was that Shuuichi sometimes forgot that he even wore a hat. As he was changing, he carelessly left it at the locker. It was while he was heading to class that he realized he left his hat at the locker room. He had no idea what to do, he didn't want to be late into class and he definitely didn't want to go into the boys locker room to get it, considering that it was another gym period. He got his binder out of his bag and put it over his head, he didn't want anyone looking at him.

It was when gym class was over that Rantarou noticed something on one of the lockers. When he was getting changed back to his regular clothing, he saw a small bit of black fabric sticking out from the side of another locker. "Is that Saihara's locker?" He asked himself as he went over and looked closely at the tiny bit of black fabric that was prominently poking out. "Nishishi it sure is!" Rantarou jumped back when he saw Kokichi. Kokichi Ouma was always a trouble maker as he would sneak up on or harass others often. He prodded at the black fabric. "Aw~ did Saihara-chan forget his hat~?" Kokichi made a phony pouting face and his tone was filled with false pity. It still looked convincing as Kokichi had a child-like face. "It seems like it. Ouma can you lock pick his locker so I can give it back to him?" Rantarou asked. "Suuuure thing!" Kokichi said in glee as he reached his hand to the three white pins that restrained his messy purple hair. He took out one of the pins, a few purple strands of hair freeing itself onto his face, and he adjusted it to fit into the lock. He successfully lock picketed it as the locker flew open. Inside was Shuuichi's gym uniform and sliding off to the side was his hat. Rantarou carefully reached to get it and he closed the locker, making it seem that no one looked through it. Rantarou brushed off the hat and thanked Kokichi before heading out of the locker room.

It was easy for Rantarou to find Shuuichi. Who else would be desperately holding a binder on top of his head while running to the locker room when gym finally ended? "Hey Saihara wait up!" Rantarou yelled as Shuuichi's steps slowed into a skid, like a car after someone had slammed the brakes too fast. "I found your hat, me and Ouma got it for you." He said plainly as Shuuichi turned around. Rantarou tried so hard not to let his eyes widen.

Underneath the shadow of the binder, he saw Shuuichi with small, frustrated tears crowding around his eyes. Shuuichi had the most beautiful face. It was a light pale with a bit of rose touching upon his cheeks and nose, his eyes were a soft misty color shrouded by feminine eyelashes. The color stood out more with his light tears. His lips, which were in a frown, were also really soft looking. They were also pale with a small tint of pink, it was like he was wearing colored lip gloss. His black hair softly framing his gorgeous face. Rantarou couldn't believe that such a face belonged to a boy. Was he insecure about this? Maybe that's why he wore a hat and is now holding a binder on his head, to hide his face.

Rantarou cleared his throat, he's not about to lose his composure just because some boy happened to look like a chick. He realized he was still holding out his hand despite Shuuichi already taking back his hat and is currently putting it back on. Shuuichi looked at him with a flustered expression as he finished adjusting his hat, his pretty face now being obscured by the hat; only showing only one misty eye and some stray strands of inky hair. "T-thank you Amami-kun.." He said again, this was the second time he was thanking him. Rantarou chuckled a little at Shuuichi's politeness, "it's no problem, just let me know if you need help with anything else." He said with a smile. On his way to the school's exit, he heard Shuuichi's soft voice.

"Ah, Amami-kun-"

Rantarou turned around, not expecting Shuuichi to call out to him like that. "Hm? What is it?" He asked but Shuuichi looked away. "No, nevermind." Shuuichi said.

"You want to walk home with me again, don't you?" Rantarou teased but he looked surprised as Shuuichi actually shyly nodded his head.