Chapter One

I groan as my eyes flicker open, light streams through the window, I had obviously forgotten to close the curtains before I collapsed into bed. It was strange. At that moment I was sure something wasn't right. The covers felt wrong and I am sure that the window is usually on the other side. I sat up. I wasn't in my own room. I was in a room I had never seen before.

 "What the fu-" I stop as I notice a pair of feet sticking out the end of the bed. Wrapping the duvet firmly around myself I roll over to inspect the man lying beside me.

He wasn't too horrible looking, in fact, he was quite good looking. I sure knew how to pick them when I was smashed. As I stared at him he moved in his sleep; he rolled right over. I practically had to dive to the foot of the bed to avoid his flailing arm as it reached out towards, what I classed as, my side of the bed.

I had an incredibly odd urge to poke him, or at least, poke his arm. I'm quite strange like that. I get sudden urges to poke people. I manged to climb out of the bed while still keeping my modesty, though I don't know who I'd be losing my modesty to, the only other person in the room was dead to the world. I made my way to the big window which, two minutes earlier, had been blinding me. I had the sudden thought which creeped me out slightly. Had I been doing it with this guy, with the curtains open, for the whole world to see? Oh dear. Shaking my head in utter shame of myself I looked out the window at a street that I vaguely recognised. Though god only knows where from.

There was a manly sounding cough from behind me. "Er, Danni." I span around and that was the moment the sheet that was wrapped around me decided to tangle itself underneath my foot, causing me to lose my balance and end up in a heap on the floor. This time, the sheet was most definitely not saving my modesty. I scrambled to cover myself up but he just chuckled. "Nothing I haven't seen before Danni."

"It's Danielle." I snap, for some reason it's always been Danielle to everyone.

"Not what you said last night love." He grins the way that every man does after he sleeps with a woman; smug and proud.

"Yeah, well, whatever." I scowl at him, ashamed of being so hungover I can't think of a decent insult.

"So Danni, breakfast?" He asks in a sickly sweet voice.

"Yes." I frown, my head was pounding. "And a strong black coffee."

"Please." He says, elongating the word so it rings in my head.

"Please." I mutter at him. When I said I picked them well, I was lying, this guy was awful. It seemed really rude to just leave though. I had to at least stay for breakfast. Plus, free breakfast, saves me buying one at the cafe.

I locate some underwear off the floor when he leaves the room and slide them on before clambering back into the bed. I stare around the room, inspecting his stuff, I wasn't impressed by the Aston Villa shirt I spotted on the floor. God, had he no taste? Even if it was only football. But football mattered! However I was impressed by the car keys that sat in a little dish thing on top of his chest of drawers. I didn't have a car which forced me to take buses everywhere, listening to screaming kids and waiting for tiny old people to fumble with their change and drag themselves onto the bus before moving anywhere.

"Breakfast!" He shouted from the next room. He expected me to go into the next room and get my breakfast, really? That made me realise just how lazy I really was. Unfortunately, I was unable to locate the rest of my clothes. So, me being me, I made my way into the next room saying loudly.

"Um ..." I also realised at that exact moment that I had no idea whatsoever what his name was. "Have you got a shirt I can borrow? I can't find my-" I'd stepped into the kitchen, where three guys sat around a table. "... Bra. Oh, hi." I said awkwardly as all their mouths fell open and their eyes directed towards my chest. The guy I didn't know the name of was trying not to laugh. I decided to go for the I-don't-care-that-you're-seeing-me-half-naked look. I put my hands on my hips and raised my eyebrows. "Nice view boys?" I ask sarcastically, immediately all their eyes drop to their breakfast and my guy got out his seat and led me towards his room.