Chapter Seven.

Needless to say, I was furious. Chelsee was furious. And Laura was furious. But I really did not have time to think about that now. I had a stupid ball to prepare for. Kelly had said party but I knew her well enough to know that she meant ball. I'd received an online invitation 'recommending' black tie.

Which basically meant wear black tie or we will kill you. 

Maybe not kill. Just publically humiliate and throw us out. I had to show the Swifties that I was successful. Even though I wasn't. Pretending would do.

For once, Megan was being nice. She and her mother had come over to help me get ready. Megan had done my hair all fancy which was weird. I never bothered with my hair. Just washed it then let it dry.

"You haven't made me look like I'm trying too hard, have you?" I asked her.

"No!" She shushed me. "Keep still. Trust me Danielle, you are going to look so much better than normal, you would look pretty if you put effort in."

"Can I see yet?" Megan had covered the mirror so I couldn't see what she was doing. She said it was so I didn't interrupt her. I think it was so I couldn't see what she was doing to me.

"Nope."

"But I-"

"Danielle, just shut up, I can't do your makeup if you keep talking. The quicker you shut up, the quicker it will be done," She snapped. I pursed my lips to stop myself from replying. "I'm almost done." 

At that moment my step-mother, Cassandra, came in with Clara by her side. "Aw, Danielle you look so pretty!" She clasped her hands together which was when I noticed she was holding a black bag.

"What's in the bag?" I asked.

"Oh, just some accessories to go with your dress, luckily we have the same sized feet." Cassandra smiled. I have no idea why she was being so nice to me. I'd only ever been horrible to her.

"You didn't have to..." I stammered.

"Yes I did Danielle, did you really expect me to let you go to a ball wearing converse or something?"

"Well, no," I really hadn't thought about shoes. Did women really think that far in advance? I did not understand clothes.

"Okay, I'm done," Megan sat back and admired her work. "Well, apart from your lips but you didn't stop talking long enough for me to do them."

"Now, go put your dress on," Clara smiled.

I did as I was told and a few minutes later I was back in my room with three women staring at me. I was stood barefoot in the center of the room. My dress was a short, strapless dress in a deep blue colour. I still had no idea what I looked like. None of them would let me see a mirror until I was 'done'.

Cassandra reached into the black bag she was carrying and pulled out a silver pair of shoes and a matching clutch. Megan gasped. "Oh my god Mum! You own Jimmy Choos? You're letting Danielle borrow your Jimmy Choos?"

"I'm letting her have them," Cassandra smiled. My jaw dropped. I didn't exactly know what Jimmy Choos were but I was thinking they were kind of a big deal. She saw my face. "Oh come on, I'm thirty-six, I can't pull these off any more."

"Why can't I have them?" Megan looked seriously jealous at that point.

Cassandra laughed. "Darling, unfortunately, you have your father's feet. Danielle has small feet like me."

"Whatever," Megan crossed her arms and sighed. "How did I not know you had them?"

"I have a lot of shoes," Cassandra shrugged.