Icy

I was still at Emma's apartment. Mrs. Blanchard had passed out the hot cocoa, but the Henry Mills version of it. Speaking of Henry... well, he wasn't exactly speaking. Miss Ice Queen was still here, confused it seemed. This town may have had some mystery to it, but this was actually crazy believing that someone made a freaking ice wall. Then again, taking one look at her, I could believe it.

"We really have to find whoever did this." Emma said. "Not just because of Hope's memories, but because we can't get out of town. Again."

"Seriously, why can't we get out of this place ever? There's always some curse that takes forever to be lifted."

I turned to the sound of the voice. It was a man standing by the stairs that led to a loft. I looked at his belt and saw that he was the sheriff. The sheriff

"You have got to be kidding me!" I said, standing up. Everyone stopped talking and looked at me, kind of scared. "You guys actually believe all this? It's a load of shit! You!" I yelled, pointing at the sheriff. "You're supposed to be the voice of reason in this town! In the week I've been here, I've heard everyone in this town talk about you like you're a god. Everyone listens to you! The more you talk about magic and people hear you, the more people you're gonna have to admit to the freaking insane asylum!"

I walked out the door, down the stairs, and out of the apartment building. Those people were crazy; I wasn't gonna continue to hang out with them. I had to get out of this town.

I ran down Main Street, past the library and some place called Mr. Gold's Pawn Shop. I didn't stop running until I reached the part of the road where there weren't anymore houses and I was surrounded by the woods. I didn't just stop though. I walked all the way to the ice wall. There had to be a way out!

Two hours later, I was still looking for a way out. I didn't touch the wall again, though; I was too scared. 

"This is too much." I said quietly.

"Hope!"

I whirled around. Henry was running towards me. "What do you want, Henry?" I said, exasperated. 

"Are you... okay?" He asked hesitantly. 

I paused for a moment before laughing in his face. "Um, no, I am not okay! When we started this whole... operation to figure out what was going on, I didn't expect that we would find a massive ice wall keeping us in town, a woman who thinks she's got freaking ice powers, or memories that I don't even remember having in the first place! You tell me how I'm feeling! And on top of that, everyone in this goddamn town thinks that magic is real! Does your mom believe this?"

When Henry didn't look at me, I had my answer. I laughed again. "That's it, I'm done. Goodbye, Henry."

I walked forward towards Henry, which was the only way to the road from where we were.

He reached out and grabbed my arm as I passed him. "Hope, wait."

I didn't yank my arm away from him. I guess I didn't because what was happening wasn't his fault and I shouldn't be mad at Henry. I looked back at him. 

"There's nothing you can say to me to make me believe any of this." I said. "You're all crazy!"

Henry looked me in the eye and I immediately felt calm for some reason. "I know, but maybe I can show you something that will help persuade you."