19 | Better Hide The Wine

Start from the beginning

"Not that good, huh?" Hunter teases, grabbing ahold of my wrists. "So, you've had better?"

A rather girlish giggle escapes my lips. I meet his mirth filled gaze with one of my own. "Much."

A smirk. "Care to name any names?"

"I don't know, I've kissed a lot of people..." I sigh, intentionally squirming under him. I can be quite vexing when I want to be, and Hunter certainly deserves a bit of teasing.

His chest rumbles and his eyes narrow, unimpressed with my response. The scowl on his face gives him a little crease between his brows. It almost makes me miss that smirk.

My teeth pull at my bottom lip. I'm quickly done with my teasing. There's more fun things to be doing before my mom burns the house down. "Maybe I just need a little reminder?"

Hunter Maddox is hardly someone who needs to be told twice. He's quick to capture my lips with his, and I don't hesitate to respond. Just like last night, I find myself enjoying his kiss, rather than waiting for it to be over.

He draws my arms around his neck, releasing his grip on my wrists in favor of holding himself just above me. But I immediately miss the feeling of his hard body pressed against me. So I push with my hands and my hips, rolling over on my bed until I'm straddling my legs on either side of his hips.

"So," he murmurs, his mouth pressing kisses against my neck, "Who's the better kisser again?"

His hands grip tightly to the back of my thighs to accentuate his point. I let out a soft gasp when his lips brush over my collarbone. "You definitely make the top five," I muse.

He mumbles incoherently against my skin and I can feel his chest rumble against me. Something tells me Hunter isn't used to not being the best. And I can't exactly blame him, if the way girls talk at school is any evidence. His ego has certainly been well inflated over the years.

I laugh, giving him another slow, delicious kiss. "Top three."

The way his warm hands slide under my skirt tells me he's quite determined to bring home the gold medal. But his attempts are thwarted when my door crashes open and my baby brother announces his presence. "Stop banging and put some clothes on, dinner's ready!"

I look back at him over my shoulder. He has a hand clamped over his eyes and a self-satisfied smirk on his face. It takes me less than two seconds to launch a pillow at his face. It hits him in the chest, but I'll take his surprised stumble as a win.

"Get out of my room, asshole," I grumble, sitting back on my heels but making no move to climb off of Hunter. My brother knows better than to barge into my room. He should count his blessings that this time was more tame than the last.

Jay only cackles, turning and stomping loudly towards the stairs. I roll my eyes with a huff, and Hunter chuckles. His hands squeeze my legs quickly. "Y'all are a weird family, you know that, right?"

I shrug my shoulders, finally getting to my feet and straightening my skirt. "We're functionally dysfunctional."

"Is that was you call it?" Hunter muses, standing up beside me.

"Well, that's what our family councillor called it. I always thought we were one of the more normal families I knew."

Hunter takes my hand, and we make our way down to the kitchen. "Skirt, if I talked to my mom the way you do, she'd smack me upside the head with a cast iron pan."