Tequila

A/N: This is only a ficlet (715 words to be exact). Apologies in advance for a poorly written one. I know this BBYU Playlist should only contain either BTOB or ReVel's song but I just came across this song in my latest favorite playlist in Spotify (Songs Taylor Love), and it matches my frequent mood these past few days so voila... below was the result. Hope y'all haven't forgotten me yet. I still can't update full one-shot, but I'll try to upload ficlet when I can.

**

He walked towards to what seemed an abandoned parking lot with an old looking warehouse beside it under the starless sky and gloomy moonlight. He stopped in front of the heavy silver metal door, knocked on it twice before it was pushed open by a bouncer who acknowledged him by nodding once.

Even with the dim light, he could still see the familiar red bricked wall as he walked downstairs. The gentleman in a white buttoned-up long sleeves with a red bow tied around his neck and black slacks, met him at the end of the staircase and lead him to the corner booth, with all the booths in his row empty. He sat facing the red bricked wall as the gentleman left him without taking his order. After a little while, the gentleman returned to him placing a glass and a bottle of Tequila in a bucket of ice.

The gentleman lingered behind the customer who moved from his seat to open the bottle of Tequila. He may not know fully the lone man but one thing he was sure of, it's been three years since they got reservations on the same day, same booth, and same orders from him. It has also been three years since he started looking out for the distraught young man as everybody know he doesn't have that high alcohol tolerance.

After few shots, the man was already drunk as he began making a mess while pouring Tequila on his shot glass with his doubling vision. He took one final shot with so much trouble before his arms limply fell on the wet table with his head following through, hitting the table.

 "Ah jinjja, Yook Sungjae. You really never listen to anyone." The corner of his lips tugged a little upon hearing the most beautiful voice he had ever heard. Slowly, he looked up at the once empty chair in front of him and saw her. Her bright smiling eyes, her perfect smile that never failed to make everything alright, her long black hair contrasting the white dress that made her glow even more, and her happy aura that never once left her.

"You came." He stated slurrily, grinning.

"Of course. I made a promise with you, and you know I don't break promises." She reached her hand out and combed his now wet hair because of the spilled Tequila on the table. Sungjae stopped her hand and placed it down on the table before kissing it hard, gulping the lump started to form in his throat. "But must we really meet like this?"

"Why?" He whispered. It sounded so desperate and a bit scared.

"Ah it's just that I miss you laughing. I want to see you happy."

"I am happy, Sooyoung-ah." He lied and forced a smile. It was partly true - that he was happy to see her but the happiness he feel made him ache for her more.

"Happy minus all of this." She gestured her hand over the table. Sungjae avoided her eyes, "It hurts me everytime I see you like this. All the more because I couldn't do anything to take away all your pain." 

"I'm sorry, yeobo." Sungjae reached and cupped her face with his thumb caressing her cheek. "It's the only way I know to get to you, to be with you, to see you once again." His cries ate his word as his walls - the walls he tried to build up for a year, only to - crumble down once again.

Sungjae felt her pull his body away from the table and envelope him around her arms, with one arm tightly wrapped around his waist and one hand caressing his head. "I know, oppa. You shouldn't be saying sorry. I caused you all this pain. It should be me apologizing."

"Come back for me, yeobo. Jaebal." He plead like a child asking his mom to not leave him at the school, "Come back to me, Sooyoung-ah."

"I would have, oppa. There's nothing I want more than to be with you. But we both know it's impossible.

Sungjae cried hard on her chest, feeling drowned once again in the hopelessness and thousands of What-Ifs. He continued sobbing until he felt his eyes getting tired and his eyelids fluttering close, she heard her say,

I will always love you, Sungjae."

--
02/19/2018

follow me on twitter: blueberryook