“If I say I’ve got some other plans to her, I want you to agree with whatever I said,” Jesse said firmly, looking at her, as he pulled up in front of her apartment.

“I got that,” Kayla said, as he looked at her, his expression softening.

“We’re here,” he said, looking out the window, “I hope you co-operate with me, Kayla, because if people go against me, I won’t give them chances.”

Kayla looked at him, wondering how she ever thought of him as her role model. He was nothing like the person she had looked up all through her teenage years. She could finally feel the feelings she had for him vanish with the look he gave her.

“Don’t worry, sir,” she said solemnly, “I’m working for you, and as long as I am, I will be a loyal staff. Thank you for dropping me at my house.”

She got out of the car before he could say a word, and headed inside the apartment building. Well, she finally let go of her teenage crush, and she was going to move forward and not going to be obsessed with him as she always was. She nodded her head as she confirmed her resolve.

            Jesse drove home, lost in thoughts. He doesn’t understand Kayla. She seemed different from anyone he’s ever met. At first he thought she looked scared and probably crushing on him, but by tonight she seemed unperturbed by him. What could be going on in her mind?

            He smiled as he remembered the way she almost tripped while getting out the car in front of Benny’s apartment – but he made as if he didn’t see her. What kind of girl could be that clumsy? He’s never seen Victoria slip or fall anywhere. She seemed too graceful.

            He thought about Kayla as he took his shower, remembering how scared she was when she rammed into him the first time he saw her. He thought she was one of his fans, and he was surprised to know that she’ll be working for him.

            As he lay on bed, getting ready to go to sleep, he chuckled at the clothes she wore. Who wore jeans to a five-star restaurant? He thought she was still in high-school when he saw what she wore. She really has no clue!

            “Why am I thinking of that girl?” he told to himself as he shook his head, “Who is she? A nobody – a plain girl with no sense of fashion, and I’m wasting my time thinking about her!”

            He turned to turn off the table lamp and his eyes got caught on the small photo frame on his bed-stand. His smile stopped when he saw the face of the person who had actually once upon a time stolen his heart and broke it. He thought he was over her, but every time he looked at her picture, he felt bitter. He turned off the light and went to sleep.

            The next morning, Jesse woke up with a headache. He couldn’t sleep at all thinking about the girl in the photo-frame on his bed stand. He wonders if he would ever find someone who will make him completely forget about her.

            “Argh,” he said, getting off from bed, “This is all crap! I don’t need any more girls in my life!”