"It's too dark for her to see you, so stay up here until I get inside, please," she said looking at me with fear in her eyes.

"Okay." I nodded. I kissed her once more before letting her go.

I watched as her mom pulled her inside and slammed the door. I waited a few seconds before climbing down the back of the tree and rushing out of her backyard. I got to the front and started my walk home.

"There you are!" My dad exclaimed when I walked in. He was holding Noah in his arms.

"Sorry, I lost track of time," I said.

"It's okay. Did you have fun?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. He patted my shoulder.

"How's mom?" I asked.

"She's asleep. I'm just rocking Noah 'till she falls asleep too," he said.

"Okay. How was it today with the music?"

"It was great. It was like we never stopped writing." He smiled.

"I can't wait to hear what you come up with," I said.

                                    ***

April was always my favorite month of the year. I loved the spring weather, but it was also the start of soccer season. Usually, my dad always supported me at games, but it just so happened that this season he was always busy.

He was always in meetings with the band or being on tv or something. And yeah, I understood why he couldn't make it and I wasn't mad at him, I just missed him being at my games.

He would aways be the loudest one there, louder than his fans that showed up and were screaming his name. After my games, we'd always talk about the good plays and the bad calls the ref would make. It made me feel connected to my dad.

Today wasn't just a game, it was the championship. The last game of the season, and my dad was completely free. No meetings, no interviews, nothing. I couldn't have been happier. Sure, Emersyn, mom, and the girls supported me and were there at every game, but they didn't know how the game worked. I appreciated them so much, but I was so excited that my dad could finally make it.

"You ready for the big game?" Emersyn asked as we walked hand in hand to our last class of the day.

"I can't wait. We're gonna crush them and my dad will be there to watch," I told her smiling.

"You don't think he'll draw too big of a crowd?"

"He usually does, but they're not so crazy as to get in his way of family. Most of his fans are thoughtful like that." I chuckled.

"That's good. But if there's teenage girls there screaming over you, I won't be afraid to fight someone."

"They won't be focused on me. And if they are, oh well. I'm all yours." I stopped at my locker and kissed her lips.

We continued our walk to English, adding Xavier and Randy to our group. We had a sub today, so our assignment was to just read a few chapters from the novel we were studying. Although, there wasn't much reading going on.

The desks were set up into pairs, and Emersyn and I sat together in the very back corner. Usually she was always doing her work and making sure I did mine, but today she gave in. When the teacher wasn't looking, I'd sneak a kiss on her lips or her cheek. My hand rested on her inner thigh, squeezing her every few minutes.

When the bell finally rang, we all rushed down to the gym.

"I'll see you later, babe."

"Okay. I love you."