Storms

Levi's POV

I woke up to a loud crack of thunder. I shot up in bed for a minute before laying back down next to Eren. I looked over at him, but something was off.

I noticed wide glazed over eyes and beads of sweat on his forehead. He was curled into a ball and clutching the blanket for dear life. "Eren? Eren what's wrong?" I asked looking at him with concern.

He was brought back into reality as he lunged at me and hugged me close. I felt I needed to comfort him there, and my natural instincts kicked in as I stroked his brown hair. "Shhh, it's okay. I'm here."

After a few minutes his body relaxed and he loosened his grip on my and looked up with red puffy eyes. "Are you afraid of thunder?" I asked still stroking his amazingly soft hair. He nodded slowly and looked away.

"It's stupid I know. I'm just being childish." He said, burying his face into my stomach. "It's adorable." I said pulling him closer. I knew he wouldn't be getting any sleep, every crack of thunder made his body tense up. That's when an idea struck me. It was childish but I think it would bring a smile to his face. And that was all that mattered.

I slowly pried him off of me and sat up. "Where you going?" He asked mimicking my moves as we both swung our legs over the side of the bed and stood up. I ripped the blankets off the bed much to to Eren's surprise.

"Levi, what are you doing?" He asked picking up the fallen pillows. "We're going to make a fort out of pillows and blankets." I said watching his face carefully. I watched as his usual comforting bright smile appeared on his face. The life returned to his turquoise eyes as he followed me out to the couch carrying all the blankets and pillows we could find.

We set down the armful of cloth we had and grabbed two kitchen chairs and set them in front of the couch. Without saying a word we got to work on setting up a fort, putting the sheet as the roof and using the pillows as anchors. By the time we finished the storm intensified and I noticed the power had gone out. The clocks no longer displayed the time.

We sat in our tent and sat closely to each other. We talked about everything, our fears, our family, our friends. Everything we could think of. I looked over to see Eren's head drooping down and jerking back up as he slowly began to fall asleep.

I pulled him close to me and we laid down side by side. He turned onto his side so he was facing me and snuggled up close to me. I put my arm over his shoulder and watched as his eyes closed and fluttered open. "I love you Levi." He said, a yawn threatening to take place.

I smiled and pulled him close feeling my eye lids close. "I love you too Eren." I said. We both fell asleep in each others arms that night. The sheet roof had fallen on top of us. Much to the surprise of Eren who flailed a bit in panic before he realized where we were. God this kids too damn cute. He's going to be the death of me, I know it.

END~

{I'm sorry this is so short and stupid. It's too fast paced and Levi's probably out of character. I've just had major writers block and I still kind of do but I felt bad so I wrote that last second. Again, not edited. I absolutely hate editing with a burning passion. So fucking enjoy.}