Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Valerie’s P.O.V.

“Valerie Hart, I have a question for you.” Ashton says, catching up to me on the sidewalk after school the next day.

“What is your question Ashton Fletcher Irwin?”

He smiles. “How would you feel about coming on a midnight moonlit walk with me tonight?”

“I’d love to.” I tell him with a smile.

“Only, there’s a catch.”

“Oh no. What is it?”

“We’re not going on the moonlit walk as friends. It’s just far too romantic for that.”

“Is this your way of asking me on a date?” I ask him, biting down on my lip.

“Absolutely, Valerie Hart.”

“I’ll have to think about that, Ashton.”

“Aw, come on, Valerie Hart. Don’t make me wait. I’ll die waiting. You can’t just leave me like this.”

“Ashton Fletcher Irwin, you’re begging me to go on a date with you.”

“Yes, I am, Valerie Hart. I can’t bare the thought of going on a date with anyone else other than you.”

“Well, I guess if you’re insisting…”

“Valerie Hart, I’m begging.” He says, his goofy grin spreading across his face. He holds his hands out in front of him. “Please go on a date with me.”

“I’ve known you for like… not even a week. I don’t normally-”

“Dammit, Val. You heard Calum. I like going fast. This is killing me.” He says, his eyes widening. “It’s been like, four whole days that I’ve known you.”

“Would it really kill you to take it slower?” I ask him.

“Probably, yeah.” He tells me. I can’t help but be scared by how honest he sounds.

“You okay?” I ask.

“Yeah, great. Just go on a damn date with me.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll go on a date with you. You’re so persistent.”

“I’m glad that’s been established.” He tells me with a grin. “I’ll pick you up ten to midnight.”

“I’ll be ready.” I tell him with a laugh.

“You need a ride home?” Ashton asks.

“Sure.” I tell him with a smile.

I get into the car with him and he gives me a soft smile. “So, how was your day today?”

I shrug. “It was pretty normal. Nothing eventful happened. Just this one creep wouldn’t leave me alone until I agreed to go on a date with him.”

“Sounds like an amazing guy.”

“Nah, he’s a weirdo.”

“I bet he turns you on.”

“I bet he cuts holes into his own shirts.”

“Dammit.” He says, his dimples out on full display. “You got me.” He pulls into the apartment complex parking lot and parks the car. “Well, Valerie No-Middle-Name Hart, I’ll see you tonight.”