sɪɴғᴜʟ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

"no" I said staring at Tahj

"you want to prove you're Adonis, right now he's the only person that knows almost everything about you and happens to be alive"

I turned to look from him to Damien. I should've expected this, one day I'd have to face him. I just didn't realize it'd have to be this soon.

August 20th, 2018

"damn how much shit did you pack?" Tahj complained as he carried my suitcase to my dorm

The handle had broken off so instead of crouching down to roll it, he carried it.

"Emerson took me on a shopping spree before we left, I kinda took advantage of it. Damien donated all my clothes and there's nothing left at my moms house"

"you know the dorms themselves are shoeboxes, your closet won't fit all this" He said

We finally arrived to my dorm room. It was everything I expected, a little larger actually.

"damn nevermind, you blessed" Tahj said while setting my suitcase in the middle of the room "you got enough space to walk 10 feet and not hit anything

"damn nevermind, you blessed" Tahj said while setting my suitcase in the middle of the room "you got enough space to walk 10 feet and not hit anything. my dorm room would only allow 5 feet of walking room"

I laughed then set my things next to where he left my suitcase. Seems like I made it here before my roommate which means I get first pick on which side I want.

"before I leave, you know I gotta set you right. so no drinking, no having niggas in here alone past 8pm, you gotta be in your dorm by 10pm unless you at the library which in that case you need to have someone escort you back here after 10pm. also don't do no drugs, focus on your school work...what else do parents say when they kids go off to college?"

"oh my gosh, leave already" I laughed

"fine...but most importantly. what's your name?" He asked seriously

"Amari Pryce...I know" I answered

"good. you can't tell anybody who you really are, got it?"

"I know I know" I said rolling my eyes after hearing this countless of times from him and Emerson

"I love you nigga" He said walking over to me and placing his forehead on mine

"I love you too" I said

Just like that the door barged open and a hispanic looking dude walked in.

"I guess I'll be out now, here's for dinner" Tahj said taking a $20 out of his wallet and slipping it into my jeans pocket

He patted me on the shoulder then turned to leave, not before obviously checking out my roommate. I definitely wouldn't say he's all that, but he's kinda cute I'll give him that.