Anger Issues

*8 years old*

It's been a year. A very tough one in fact. I may have learned ahead in writing because of all the times I got bored but those times only happened because of what occurred. No one likes me anymore. They all hate me. They call me many names. Useless, Monster, Trash, Savage, Piece of Crap, Evil, bla bla bla whatever. I've learned to get used to it. At least Nick isn't having as much trouble. But he's still being teased for being a fox. So I guess either way this day was coming. The only one that ever took my side was that one bunny I met the day after I discovered my savage abilities. I never saw him again, though. I didn't even know his name. Oh well, that's that. I've changed, though.

A lot.

As a matter of fact, I'm a lot more shy than I used to be and just really gloomy. I never show it to Nick or my parents. Just to keep them happy. But I've been getting some...thoughts now and then. I feel strange whenever I see anything sharp. Even my own claws. Sometimes I just stare at them and forget I'm alive. Well, they've already made me into a zombie so what part of me is even living? None. I can't believe all my friends treated me like this. They promised they'd stay there for me. We promised we'd stay there for each other. And now, just because of a simple change, I'm a stranger to them. Not just that. I'm a monster.

I looked at the light switch in my room. I should be asleep. But I'm still too scared. I'll wait for Nick to come in so that I won't be alone in the dark but he wasn't here yet. Until I heard two knocks on the door. It opened.

"Casey?" Nick asked.

"Oh hi, Nick! I was just waiting for you! C'mon get in your bed so I can turn of the lights," I told him. He seemed oddly scared.

"Uh Casey I kinda need to tell you something..." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"What is it?"

Nick looked down nervously and then looked back up at me. "I uh...I kinda sorta spilled juice on one of the pages in your sketchbook..." he said quietly.

"Which drawing was it?" I asked now starting to feel myself boil up inside.

"T-the peacock one..."

"WHAT?!" I screamed out. I lost it at that point. The peacock was one of my favorites. It took me weeks to finally be able to get all the feathers right. And now it was ruined just because of Nick's clumsiness.

"NICK DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO DRAW IT?! WHAT WERE YOU EVEN DOING WITH MY SKETCHBOOK?!"

No response.

"WELL?" I impatiently snapped, "ANSWER ME!".

"I-I just wanted to take a peek.."

"WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?! HOW DARE YOU!" I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't wanna yell at Nick. He just made a tiny mistake! But for some reason I couldn't control myself. Why did this have to happen to me?

"I-I'm s-sorry Casey. I didn't mean to-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN DIDN'T MEAN TO?! UGH, YOU'RE SUCH A PAIN, NICK! NOW I HAVE TO DRAW IT ALL OVER AGAIN!"

Nick started to tear up. "I'm really sorry-"

"SORRY?! SORRY?! A SORRY ISN'T GONNA FIX MY DRAWING NOW, IS IT?!"

"I'm sorry." He apologized one last time as he started crying. Mom came in.

"Nick? Why are you crying? Casey why were you yelling? What in Zootopia is going on here?" she asked.

"WHAT DOES IT MATTER TO YOU, MOM?! THIS IS MY PROBLEM THAT ONLY I SHOULD TAKE CARE OF!"

That was strange. I had never gotten the gut to yell at my mom before. Why was I doing it now?