Chapter Eight

AN: I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!

I'm the worst, right??

*****

"I bet Miss Granger knows the answer."

Hermione heard her name called and tore her eyes away from the window, no longer lost in thought.

"Oh! Um... was it the Troll Reformation Movement of 1641?" Hermione answered, unsure if it the correct one.

The entire classroom went silent and turned their heads. Even Ron, who she knew had not been paying attention the last hour, was staring oddly at her from her right.

"No, Miss Granger. That is not the right answer." Professor Binns said, managing an expression of shock rather than his usual boredom.

A loud snicker came from the back of the classroom and Hermione turned in her seat to see Pansy Parkinson openly laughing at her with her few Slytherin girls. Malfoy was writing something down on his parchment, ignoring her existence. Professor Binns quickly recovered and went back to the dull tone of his lecture.

"Everything okay Mione?" Harry nudged her from her left, looking concerned.

"Why is it that no one ever has the right answer but me, and when I get one single answer wrong the Slytherins have to point it out to the whole damn class!" Hermione whispered furiously.

"Probably because you're always paying attention and you always know the answer?" Harry guessed. "Anything wrong today?"

"Yeah. We're leaving Hogwarts tonight without permission, to break into a death eaters impossibly large home, to search for a horcrux and destroy it. Yes Harry, something is wrong today, so I'm having a hard time paying attention to the stupid whatever creature reformation lecture."

Harry smiled and placed a reassuring hand on hers.

"We'll be okay, we've been over the plan a thousand times." He gave her hand a little squeeze and let go turning back to pretend to pay attention to the lecture.

Hermione smiled back, but almost at once went back to staring out of the long window, which was hardly emitting any sunlight inside as a thick cloud cover had stole over the grounds. Perfect weather for her mood, she thought, as small droplets of rain began falling on the castle.

They were actually going to do it. After an entire month of planning they were going to do it. They had been so confident only a week prior sitting in Hermione's room, going over plans.

"Okay, Hermione has to do the first dance of the ball with Malfoy for head duties, but once that's over, we'll sneak out of the great hall. Then we make sure no one is following and we go through the gargoyle statue, making the walk to Hogsmeade through the tunnel. Once we're in Honeydukes we'll apparate." Ron said laying on Hermione's made bed, staring up at the ceiling in concentration.

"Right. Have you got the picture Hermione?" Harry said looking up from the floor where he was sitting.

"Yes, right here." Hermione said, going over to her dresser and pulling out a drawer. After a few seconds of sifting through clothing, she had managed to pull out a wizarding photo. It showed a younger Draco Malfoy standing in front of a large manor with his Quidditch broom over his shoulder. He was not smiling, but this was not uncommon. She tore her eyes away from his face and flipped the photo over.

" Draco Malfoy, Aged 13, Malfoy Manor, The Cotswolds, England," Hermione read the back of the photo she had found in an old Daily Prophet in the library archives. "Ron, you'll be side-along apparating us, correct?" She addressed him politely and directly as she had been doing the past month, in order to rid themselves of the awkward situation he had put them in during the first week back, after the party.