Chapter 2 - How it all started

Elaina

5 years ago

I was tired.

I was panting like I ran miles. But really, I only ran a metre from my car to the hotel I'm now staying at. It was a hassle to get everything out of my car, this was my third time going back. Paul was given food duty. He picks out the healthiest and the junkiest of food that can make anyone like him.

My job was to look normal and pretend like I am a regular woman who is staying at a hotel for a week and possibly forever. So far, nothing in my life could be considered normal. Starting today, my life was starting something I did not entirely sign up for. Today could be the day I either die or live a new life I didn't sign up for.

But other than that, my life is great.

This is was the day I have been fearing my entire life. The day I officially was not ready for, still am not. But this has to be done. This is destined to happen.

In far away distance, I was hearing loud noises of boys. Hot boys.

Oh, hot dogs.

"Waiting for somebody?" I jumped so hard, I shut the car's trunk hard down on my fingers.

"Fuck!" I crouched down and clutched my fingers between my knees. The feeling was the worst.

"Shit! Sorry, I didn't know you were a jumpy type of a person," the idiot apologized, thinking it would make a difference to my now swollen fingers.

"I am not jumpy, you asshole. I just don't fancy hearing someone talk from millimetres away from me."

"Okay, feisty girl. There is a thing called manners, now ain't there. Did you leave it at your mommy's house?" he mocked a baby's voice.

This little...

"No! I left it at my dad's house," I smiled at him.

What did I just say? Why did I say that? Fuck!

He snorted in return and walked closer towards me. "Well, then your daddy really needs to spank the fuck out of you, my love."

"I will be waiting then."

My. Mouth.

He looked around before keeping his eyes on me again. "Wanna get out of here, girl?" he titled his head to the side.

I smirked sweetly at him, repeating his action and walked closer to him.

My fingers officially felt numb because of the pain and the cold wind. I stepped as close as I possibly could, invading his personal space.

"No."

And with the final word, I turned away. Not before flicking off my hair in his fucking face.

Poor guy, now I pity him.

Nah, he'll be fine.

As I was walking back to the hotel, I realized that I forgot my work back in my car. Well, there is always time for that in the morning.

At the corner of my eye, I saw someone standing in that shadow of the hotel, couldn't see the face, but I was bothered that he or she was there in the first place. Were they looking at me? Why were they standing there like some creep?

Shaking my thoughts, I continued walking towards a hotel. I did not have time to think about this. I have a life to save, my own.

***

"Wake up, Queen. Your breakfast awaits to be known by your presence." Pauls deep voice interrupted my slumber.

When will I ever be a morning person?

"Probably never," Paul answered for me.

Oh, Paul. What will I ever do without him? I owe this man big time. He has been the light of my darkness for months now. I met him not long ago, in England. I was there for a business meeting when I bumped into this guy. Since then, he has been the father figure I needed.

Funny how strangers are sometimes the people you can rely on more than your own family.

Coming from rich household, people always talk on and on, about how lucky I am to have this wealth and a great family. I was more than thankful to be one of the lucky things that had a stable childhood, however, doesn't mean that I have to have great parents as well. Most of my childhood, my parents kept going in and out of their marriage. To them, it was an "open relationship". Yet my father could not handle my mother shaking another guy's hand.

I spent most of my time living in my aunt's house. I couldn't handle their relationship. As days went by, I could almost feel myself getting depressed and dull. I needed the love and attention, I craved it. 

In the end, I had never been so happy to graduate high school. Away from them, and off to University. I got my very first job at the age of sixteen and got paid hourly. Obviously, my parents weren't happy that I was actually being independent. 

But I had to prove myself to them. I had to let them know that I am capable of doing shit on my own. 

Then arrived, Bob. 

No his name was not actually Bob, but I do not want to mention his real name, you know? Private information and shit.

Bob fucked me up. He played me as if I was his long-lost guitar. He ruined every inch of me and I obliviously let him. What can I say? I was a naive girl. 

Fast forwarding, passed University and majored in Arts. Even though I don't do anything related to arts, it was the only thing I was good at, at the time. 

Now, I am the owner of Elaina Enterprises with millions of people ready to work for me. But here I am, hiding out in some cheap motel down the street of a liquor bar, with the help of my old friend. 

What is life if you never take risks?

This risk is the biggest one yet. If one thing goes wrong, everything is over.

"So I found this guy who can help us with your situation," Paul said, bringing me out of my daze.

"You told someone about this?"

"No! I would never. The guy does not know anything. However, he is ready to help us."

I looked at him skeptically for a few minutes. "Fine."

Oh man! This chapter wasn't very good, was it? Sorry loves, currently trying not to drown in my uni workload. I thought I would have time to edit this shit but doesn't seem like I will.

Hope you all lovelies enjoyed it, regardless. 

Please do give me feedback. I am in desperate need of some. 

Have a goodnight, lovelies.

Or morning.