TWENTY NINE

Ever felt like your heart is just out of your chest? Maybe because of happiness, but ever out of pain? That's how Sebastian felt seating on the taxi he was taking to the hospital

     Ever felt like your heart is just out of your chest? Maybe because of happiness, but ever out of pain? That's how Sebastian felt seating on the taxi he was taking to the hospital. It was like someone had gone through his chest and grabbed his heart, crushing it right in front of his eyes. He couldn't stop playing with his hands, his eyes trying to hold back the tears in his eyes from slipping down his cheeks. He had never felt this way, not even close to when he thought he had lost Alondra, more now since he was maybe losing more than her.

He walked out of the taxi, taking his things with him before rushing through the door and gaining looks from everyone from his rushed stated. Not unusual, but he desperately dropped his bags trying to find the words to say, right when he found a nurse.

"Excuse me, um, I was told that my wife was rushed here, and..." he didn't even know how to continue to formulate the next sentence before choking up.

The nurse looked at him understanding, asking for his wife name before going to the receptionist and coming back. He looked around, seeing the very different faces. He felt like his chest was soon filled up with water and he couldn't breath when he saw the nurse coming his way without an untroubled face.

"She came in not long ago, and she's in surgery as they are trying to save her and the baby's life," the nurse said trying to calm him more now, he hadn't noticed that he was now grabbing the collar from his shirt. "The man that was with her is also in surgery."

Sebastian only nodded, trying to calm his breathing before asking the question he didn't want the answer for but needed it.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"Another car ran a red light and hit them, the man that was with your wife took off his seatbelt and tried to protect your wife, or more especially the baby, she still took an awful hit. They are both in critical condition," the nurse added as Sebastian sat down on the floor, the lady kneeling in front of him. "Sir, do you need anything?"

"Just update me when my wife is out of surgery and if the baby is okay," he said shaking his head before the nurse nodded and walked away.

He saw the text from Amelia, Aaron's wife, and took his time talking to her over text as she booked the first flight to come and see them. She didn't want to bring their child, it would do them no good. And he couldn't hear the sound of her voice, not now, when he was trying to put the puzzle of his mind together. 

He just sat there, not knowing when the doctor would come out and tell him they were okay. That his beautiful away and his baby would be alright. He just needed to hold on to that hope a little longer. Just a little bit longer, but his mind was just playing the endless games where maybe that hope was gone. But he had learned that right now that was all he had as he went over this last conversation.

"Hey sweetheart, I'm calling to let you know that I'm on the plane and we are getting ready to leave at any point now."

"Oh how exciting, let me tell Aaron so we can eat something before we pick you up."

"Don't worry, I will get a taxi."

"Nonsense tarado."

"Did you just call me an idiot?"

"Yes, but that is beside the point. We will stop for donuts and go for you."

"Alright then. I will see you soon."

"Hey?"

"Yes?"

"I love you Seb,"

"I love you too Alondra, and my little angel."

He could only find conform to those last words, and with every second passing, his mind just couldn't rest. Minutes just felt like an eternity, so damn long. He couldnt stop the tears from rolling to his tears, destroying the border of his nails, bitting his lips, trying to get his mind off the worse possible scenario ever. 

His mind working as a flashback machine, thinking of every single moment he had spend with her. He thought about the moment he met her, the moment he asked her out, the moment they became more than friends, the moment he proposed, the moment the got married, the moment he knew he was in love.

It wasn't big, it was simple, beautifully simple. He was sitting on the couch of his trailer, she was laying down looking up at him. She had traveled to surprise him in set, and they had spent every second together. He didn't remember what he had asked her, but he knew she was talking about the theory of what could happen in her favorite tv show. Her eyes were glowing and her hands were doing all kinds of gestures, she would slip in some Spanish in now and then. But he remembered the exact damn moment he had fallen so deeply in love with her, that he just kissed her out of the blue to then make love to her right there. The next morning he would go out to buy her favorite food and come back to see her in his t-shirt and know he had made the right choice.

He heard his name being called, raising his head up enought to see a doctor and then quickly raising up on his feet. He still couldn't shake the feeling away from his stomach he had felt since he had gotten there but now it was only worse, so much worse.

"Mr. Stan," the doctor looked at him and he suddenly realized it wasnt good. "We are so sorry to tell you, we tried our best, but,"

After that he couldn't listen to another word, he could only see the movement of the doctor's mouth before he fell to the floor faster than he had gotten up. His vision fastly blurring with tears and letting out a scream he had held in for longer than he had remembered. His world was destroyed, changing faster than light, and he couldn't hold it together anymore. It was his chest being ripped apart open, his heart out in the open to be stabbed.

Ever felt like you could die from a heartbreak? That was Sebastian right now as he screamed his wife name. It was just too late, but too soon.