Author's Note

The concept of the novel Brave Misdeeds is based on the Massively Multiplayer Online game Star Wars Galaxies, once hosted and run by SONY Entertainment, Inc. More than 70% of the novel was written about actual events that took place in game between players over the course of three months. The remaining 30% is fiction, woven in to mesh the fabric of the game into a cohesive testament of the player environment. Wanderhome, one of several servers, serves as the backdrop of this particular story and thus gives rise to the Wanderhome sector.

This novel is a tribute to the men and women who invested thousands of hours to re-create the Star Wars films we love into a virtual safe-harbor of our collective imaginations. Every city name is real, with locations documented within the game framework. Every rivalry and faction encounter is real and documented with the best accuracy possible. With the exception of a few transitional characters, every avatar is real and was played by a real player in the SWG universe. In the interest of memory, none of the character names have been changed or altered despite any trademarks or other copyright infringements.

The novel was written in the summer of 2007 when I was going through some dire personal issues. I owe my sanity to my intensive research, player interviews, and the Wanderhome story that was crafted by Imperial and Rebel hands. I am a better writer now, some ten years later, but I cannot bare to change anything within the framework of a story that enriched my life and was my only light in a dark time. So forgive the many errors of prose...sit back, relax, and enjoy.