Ch 40. Baby Don't Cry.

Start from the beginning

"Kim Jisoo, what do we do...What are we going to do?" Jennie cries.

Jisoo cries too. She can feel Jennie's lips press lightly onto hers for a moment, and she cries because she can't kiss her back. She can't give that reassurance.

"I love you..." she hears Jennie whisper. "I love you Jisoo."

"You have to survive no matter what, okay?"

"Jisoo..." Jennie calls her. "Kim Jisoo." She sobs into Jisoo's shoulder.

"I love you too..." jisoo says to herself, as her own tear slips down her cheek.

•Jennie•

Jennie looks up from Jisoo's shoulder to look at her face. Only to see a tear slip out of Jisoo's eye and fall down the side of her face and land onto the pillow.

Jennie only sobs louder, and it isn't long until strong arms are wrapping around her.

They're not the arms she wants, but it's what she'll have to deal with as she turns to sob into their chest.

It's a familiar scent, and Jennie knows that it's her mother. She hugs her tightly and lets the sobs take over her body to the point where she can't control it anymore.

"Eomma!" Jennie sobs loudly. "She can't go! She can't! I need her!"

Chaelin can only hold her tighter and let her own tears slip down her cheeks silently, as her only daughter breaks down.

"Shh baby girl..." Chaelin whispers kissing her the top of her head.

The room is completely silent, the only sound being Jennie cries. Namjoon was right. We can't all be strong.

•Jisoo•

She could hear it.

She could feel it.

She could see it.

The heart monitor was the only sound that filled her ears. She could feel Jennie's soft hand in hers, the one that fit perfectly. Lastly, the light filtered through her eyelids before she opened her eyes.

It was dark. Jisoo looked up at the clock as it read 3:45 am.

Her eyes shifted over to her side to see Jennie asleep in the chair next to her. She looked drained. Emotionally and physically. She didn't want to wake her, cause she suspects this is the first time she's slept in hours.

Jisoo weakly moves her arm to the button and signalled a nurse into her room.

Only a few minutes later one came in and Jisoo immediately put her fingers to her lips, telling her to stay quiet.

The nurse nodded as she silently checked her vitals. She pulled out a pen and paper and wrote on it before handing it to Jisoo.

Are you experiencing any pain? Jisoo read.

She shook her head and the nurse nodded before writing down something else.

Do you remember your name and birthday?

Jisoo took the pen and paper with one hand before shakily writing down her name and birthday.

The nurse nodded and wrote that she would get the doctor to come in the morning.

Jisoo nodded and pointed to Jaesoo asleep in the crib. Silently asking if the nurse would bring her to Jisoo.

The nurse nodded and quietly lifted Jaesoo, placing her into Jisoo's arm, before leaving.