Chapter one

THE ROYALS :
ANNA & WILLIAMS

CHAPTER ONE

*

''Annalisa-Jane Jacob, come down from that tree at once!!!!!'' Her mother who had been passing the garden with her maidens bellows.

Annalisa-Jane laughs, ''A minute mother, I am trying to get that fruit, it is so high up there and your servants are such klutz, dancing around like unfed chicks. Just give me a minute and I will be--''

''Annalisa, I will not repeat myself!!''

Annalisa ignores her mother and continues to climb the tree, all dressed up in her long gown and her hair packed in a shimmering bun. She reaches for the red apple lying on the side of the tree, dangling and glowing with the red sun. It was the only one left. The others were lying scattered on the grass bed like disjointed army guards. Her maidens were stuffing them into a basket. She reaches for it but can't get to it. ''Oh Blimey!!''She exclaims.

''Annalisa, if your father catches you up there he is going to be furious with you!!''

She chuckles ''Oh mother, you are such a drama queen, father is in his chambers having a meeting with some lords, he wouldn't catch me let alone see me. I just need to get that apple that keeps evading my reach like a shy girl not wanting to be touched by her lover''

''Annalisa!!! What have you been reading?'' Her mother gasps

The maidens giggle underneath Annalisa, the guards hide a chuckle.

''Books Mother, Mills and Bones, Harlequins, you know boy meets girl and...Argh!! Blimey!!! Someone get me a bloody rock!!'' she screams down.

A guard rushes to her, having picked a rock from the rocks pilled under the tree.

'''Oh Goodness!!'' Her mother holds her cheeks ''Annalisa-Jane, I order you to come down right now. Are you forgetting your place? If you want apples, we have the chef and the gardeners, they can give you everything you want, why must you go ahead and act like a little--''

''Monkey?'' Annalisa smiles down at her mother, who is aghast ''I know mother; do you know that climbing is good exercise and--whoooaaaa!!'' she missed a footing.

Everyone gasps, her mother's scream is the loudest. ''Mary Mother of God!!'' she holds her chest as she sees Annalisa balance back on the tree branch.

''Phew!!'' Annalisa wipes her brow. ''That was a narrow one. Don't worry mother, I am okay'' She waves. ''Give me that rock Castly or I will have your head!! Okay, I won't have your head I was just trying to sound like father. Come on, throw it up and I will catch it!!''

He does, a few times but it keeps missing her. ''Oh blimey!! You lot are useless!'' She looks away from him and back to the other tree ''I just have to jump to the other side and I will get it...'' Then she looks down at the small crowd below her ''say a prayer for me? Don't miss me if I die. But run away because my father would get a large casket and stuff you lot in if I don't make it alive''

They gasp. She laughs shaking her head ''Oh you lot scare too easily.'' She laughs again.

''Annalisa-Jane Jacobs!! I swear to God...Argh!! You fools what are you doing looking at her climbing that tree? Go and get her down..carefully..go go go!!'' She screams at them clapping her hands together. She looks behind her hoping her husband hasn't begun to leave his chambers. He was in a foul mood this morning; she wouldn't want to add to it, nor would she want Annalisa with her silly childish behavior cause him to get more angry. He always hated that she behaved like this, especially knowing her status.