Chapter 11: Oddly into You

Start from the beginning

"Wow, you have a very nice friend," Landon remarked sarcastically.

I shrug and take hold of his hand feeling a bit more comfortable.  I was still a little antsy with everybody glaring at us, but I could ignore them.  My sudden action took Landon off guard, because he tensed up slightly before relaxing. 

"So, how about I come over tonight?" He quirked both his brows in a suggestive manner.  "My mom is going to be out of town for two days, you can always come over to my house."

"As great as that sounds I have homework and my mom is cooking dinner.  I haven't spent any time with her since she's come back home."

"Well, okay.  I'm actually thinking about going with my mother.  My parents are meeting with a mediator to see if they can work something out without going to court."

"Landon, I have to tell you something, I don't really like secrets and now that you're my boyfriend I definitely don't want to hide it from you."

"What is it?" He began to swing our hands back in forth and if it were any other couple I probably would have gagged, but I thought it was cute.  We walked into our class rooms stopping at his desk.  It was empty, no students, no teachers and that meant we were early.  He sat on the edge of the desk, planting both of his feet on the ground to keep the desk from tilting forward.  He tugged me between his legs and wrapped his arms around my midsection. "Is it really that bad?"

"No, it's just... I knew about the custody battle days before you.  My mom told me," I blurted, nibbling at my bottom lip.

"You knew it about it when?"

"A day or so after... we had sex for the first time."  I felt his arms go stiff around me and I cursed myself.  He was going to be angry. 

"What the fuck Kayla," he said. 

I roll my eyes and pull away from him. "You're really predictable." 

"So now you're mad at me?"

"No, I'm not mad at you.  I'm irritated Landon.  It's not my fault that my mother told me and it's not my fault that she told me not to tell you."

"But Kayla it was none of your business in the first place.  You should've at least told me what was going on!" He moved away from the desk and walked over towards the window.

"I never said it was my business, but I made a promise to my mother to not tell you so I didn't tell you."

"For fucks sake Kayla, it was my right to know -"

"But it wasn't mine to tell.  You had to hear that from your mother, not me.  Stop being such an asshole, I didn't want to hide it from you, but I didn't feel it was my place to tell you.  I understand you're a little annoyed that I kept it from you, but now you fucking know!"

He opened his mouth to say something, but before he could say anything the bell rang and the class was quickly filled with boisterous juniors.

"Look we can talk about this later, "he murmured, glancing around the room.

"I'm done talking Landon." I turned around and walked towards my desk in the back of the classroom.  I slid into my desk, and tossed my backpack on the ground beside me. 

"We are not done fucking talking, don't walk away from me Kayla. "  I looked to my right to see Landon hovering over me with an annoyed look on his face.  Well, he wasn't the only one that was annoyed.

"Yes we are, now sit down in a desk before you start a scene."

"Start a scene?" His voice shifted several decibels. "You want to see a fucking scene Kayla.  I will fucking start a scene if I want to fucking start a scene!"