Imagine Dragons, Radioactive, started to play and I turned up the volume. I don't know why them not asking how I was bothered me so much. They don't usually ask and it doesn't usually bother me. It's because you liked it when Dylan asked. Dylan. Strange guy. I never would have guessed that he was gay. I know you can't tell if someone's gay based on their looks or whatever, but he just seemed so normal. Okay, that's totally not the right word, but you know what I mean. I didn't realise how worried he was about how I would react after he told me either. The song changed to Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood and I felt myself drift of to sleep.

~

I woke to the screaming banshee that is my alarm clock. After successfully banishing its wail I managed to somehow manoeuvre my feet into transporting me into the bathroom. Its times like these when I thank God that I have an en suite. I quickly brushed my teeth and had a quick shower, wrapped a towel round my waist and headed back into my room. I quickly towel dried my dark brown hair and put on some light stonewashed jeans and white t shirt. I ruffled my now dry hair in front of the mirror and sighed. Despite having God knows how many hours sleep last night, I've still had the worst dark circles under my eyes.

I headed downstairs and Luke was sat at the table in dark jeans and a hoodie. It could be warmer than Satan's ball sac outside and that kid would still wear a hoodie. He looked up when I walked past, flicking his dark hair out of his eyes and giving me a mumbled "hey" before returning to munching on his cereal like a zombie. I quickly made some toast and finished it just as I heard Sam honk the car horn from outside. I grabbed my bag as did Luke and we headed outside, Luke climbed in the backseat while I sat up front with Sam.

The drive to school was quiet, and after saying goodbye to Luke, me and Sam headed over to see our friends. Cam was there, sporting a black eye and bruised nose. I quickly apologised, to which Cam made a joke about me PMSing before giving me a half hug. I caught Kelly's eye as we headed into the school and gave her a small smile. She quickly turned away.

Tuesday mornings are hell. Double English, P.E, and then Maths before lunch. The morning went quick enough though, and soon we were gathered round our table in the cafeteria, listening to Matt and Sam discuss where they were getting the drink for this weekend from. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Dylan walk across the cafeteria and sit down at a table with another guy and his girlfriend. He sat down with them and soon began talking about something that the girl found hilarious.

"Yo Alec, you want to come straight over to mine on Friday and help me set up with Matt?" asked Sam.

"What?" I asked, tearing my gaze away from Dylan's table.

"I said, do you want to help me set up after school on Friday?"

"Oh, I can't, I've got detention all week for punching Cam."

"It was definitely a detention worthy punch," added Cam.

At that I zoned out again and soon the bell for fifth period went and we headed to class. I had double History with Matt. I sat in my usual seat next to Matt and was surprise to see Dylan enter the class. I thought I would have noticed if he was in any of my classes. He gave me a nod on the way past and sat by himself at the back of the class. I couldn't help but notice he had on black skinny jeans again, but with a dark purple tank top and was wearing a variety of wristbands and bracelets on each arm.

The class dragged on and was as interesting as History ever is, and when the last bell went everyone got up and left. I told Matt I'd see him tomorrow and made my way to the detention room. Dylan had left the class before me but wasn't in the classroom when I got there. I said hello to Ms. Jackson and sat in the same seat as yesterday. A few minutes later Dylan entered carrying a guitar case. Ms. Jackson has some errands to run and again left us by ourselves. Dylan sat in the same seat as yesterday as well.

"You play the guitar?" I asked, pointing to his guitar case.

"Yeah, I have since I was a kid. Do you play anything?"

I shook my head. "My parents didn't think to teach me or my brother anything like that when we were kids."

Dylan turned his chair so it was facing me and sat forward with his arms resting on his knees. "My granddad taught me before he died. After that I just kept teaching myself. I take music as a subject, that's why I've brought it in with me."

We spoke about things for a while. He told me he had a little sister called Sophie, she's six. He just lives with his mum and sister as his parents split just after his mum fell pregnant with Sophie. I didn't mention our conversation from yesterday, but Dylan soon brought it up when we were discussing Christmas- how this conversation came about I have no idea- and he seemed quite happy to talk about it.

"I'd just turned sixteen in November, but I'd known I was gay for a while. But I decided to wait till Christmas when all the family was together before telling everyone. That was a very entertaining Christmas," he laughed. He had a nice laugh.

Ms. Jackson came back at the end of the hour and told us we could leave. I grabbed my bag and Dylan grabbed his and his guitar case and we headed outside. It was then I remembered what Sam said.

"Oh hey, by the way Sam's having a party this Friday and everyone's invited. You should come."

Dylan laughed. "I've been to a few of Sam's parties. Let me guess, lots of booze, loud music and all for no apparent reason?"

"They never change," I agreed.

"Hey, do you want a ride?" He asked as he went to head for the car park. Of course he wouldn't be cycling with his guitar case.

"Sure," I agreed. I gave him directions and he said he knew where he was going. The journey was silent but it wasn't awkward or anything, just a comfortable silence.

We pulled up outside my house fifteen minutes later and I turned back towards Dylan as I got out of the car.

"Think about Friday?" I asked.

"I will," he said, giving me a smile as I shut the car door and watched him drive down the street. I must have stood there for about five minutes smiling like a creep before realising that I should probably go inside. I walked inside and leaned against the door for some strange reason before heading upstairs.