Him and his girlfriend, Thalia, were a walking pair of raging hormones.

The amount of times they would ram themselves against my locker with locked lips as I tried to get my books out was more than I could count.

More than I cared to relive.

Summer was more badass than me though.

The token at the head being proof enough.

"Look at you and your newfound authority," I said as I leaned against the counter, watching as the couple left, clearly disappointed.

"The amount of pregnancies I've stopped is just unbelievable."

"You're a Saint, darling. A god damn saint," handing her the rest of my ice cream cone.

"Don't I know it."

Spending time with Summer was always a breath of fresh air.

Not a breath of ocean air, or bonfire smoke, or the clouds from cigarettes.....

It was safe air.

Air that was never suffocating or forced.

It was natural......

And a feeling like that can only be described as oxygen.

We had practically grown up together, our houses right next to each other and our love for the water pulling us together like a force.

We were glued at the hip and we always had been.

She was my ride or die....

The only person that I could truly be myself around.

I was no golden boy around her.

Hell, she was the only person who knew I was gay.

And she would probably be the only person for a long time.

But I didn't mind.

Because having a friend like her was all I could wish for.

And her acceptance of the mess of a person that was Victor Nikiforov was all I could hope for.

"So, has Alice given you a piece of her dip shit mind yet?" she asked as she hopped onto the counter, her face towards me.

"No and if she does, I'll make sure to drown myself before she even has a chance to."

"So, golden boy is scared of the queen b? Who would have thought?"

"I'm not scared, I just......."

.......

"Don't know how to talk to girls."

"Hey!"

"What? You don't," she said matter of factly, my vanilla bean ice cream putting a smile on her face.