Chapter 17

Kendall’s Point Of View.

I woke up the next morning to the sunlight streaming through my open curtains. Wait, open curtains? I thought I had shut those last night before I went to bed! I sat up in bed and looked around. I looked in front of me and let out a blood curdling scream.

“Geez Spencer!” I hollered, my heart beat getting faster with each second passing by. “What are you doing in here?”

“I’ll answer that question as soon as you tell me why you were kissing that boy last night in the middle of the street, Kendall.” Spencer said serious, his eyes slightly clouded with the need to know.

“And I’ll answer that question as soon as you tell me why you were spying on us.” I retorted, half mocking half saying as I crossed my arms over my chest. Spencer glared at me and I returned the gesture.

“Fine!” He huffed out. I silently cheered inside of my head. “I just wanted to see my little sister.”

I looked up at him with a little smile on my face until I saw his smirk. That liar! “You are such a liar Spencer Johnson! Mom told you I was on a date didn’t she?”

“No.” He said not looking at me at all.

“You’re lying.” I accused. “Look at me in my eyes and tell me that mom did not tell you.”

He looked down at my nose, just below my eyes. “She did not tell me.”

“Stop lying.” I said smiling a bit.

“Fine.” He said then sighed. “So tell me about the… boy.”

“Well.” I began. “We met about a month ago and he—”

“You met about a month ago and you’re already dating?!” Spencer hollered in anger. “Kendall, I thought you knew better!”

“Don’t yell at me!” I hollered back, glaring. “Remember Amber?”

“Don’t bring her up.” Spencer hissed his voice full of venom. “You know better than to bring that up.”

“What?” I teased. “You get to date a girl a day after knowing her? And I get yelled at for one month? Seems so right, Spencer.” I said sarcastically. “I thought you knew better.”

“Kendall.” He warned me. But I just kept on going.

“Better yet, who the hell do you think you are to control who I date?” I said yelling. “I’m eighteen years old Spencer! I can date whoever I want!”

“Not one that has tattoos all over him!” He yelled back.

“That’s it.” I muttered. I grabbed my phone from my charger and my jacket from my chair and walked downstairs.

“What do you think you’re going?” He yelled chasing me.

“Away from your stupid butt!” I yelled back opening the front door.

“No you’re not.” He hissed as he grabbed my upper arm. I glared at him and attempted to yank free.

“Let me go.” I said hissed lowly. I attempted to yank my arm free once again. He didn’t respond or let me go so I did the first thing that came to mind: I kneed him somewhere a man should not be kneed. He howled out in pain, letting me go. I took this opportunity to run out the door and run to the park.

I pulled my phone out of the pocket it was currently in and dialed Harry’s number, seeing as it was the first one in my contacts. He answered on the third ring.

“Herro?” He said in a Chinese accent trying not to laugh.

“This is Pizza Hut.”I said normally.

“Well, can I order something?” He said still in the Chinese accent.

“No, I’d like to order something.” I replied, smiling.

“Call Zayn for that.” He said taking my comment in the wrong term.

“No! Ew, no!” I said disgusted. I shook my head. “My order is for you guys to come down to the park. I’m bored and upset. Cheer me up?”

“Why didn’t you call Zayn?” Harry asked his interest now sparked.

“You were the first name I saw out of you five.” I admitted shrugging even though he couldn’t see me. “So can you guys come?”

“Yeah, sure.” He said. “Be there in about 10.”

“Bye.” I said and hung up. I sighed. We haven’t ever had a fight that big before.

*10 minutes later*

“Cuz all I need is a beauty and a beat, who can make my life complete.” You could hear Niall singing from across the park. I smiled to myself. Of course the blonde haired cutie would pick a Justin Bieber song to song.

“Hey cupcake!” Harry called out winking. I just laughed at him. “What did you need?”

“Can’t I just talk to you guys without needing something?” I asked. They all gave me a look that practically said spill. I sighed. “Dang it, you got me.”

“So what did you need us for?” Louis asked this time.

“Sooooo…” I began. “You remember Spencer, right Zayn?”

“Yeah?” Zayn said. “You big brother?”

“Mhm.” I said.

“You have a bigger brother?!” Niall said. “Me too! Now we have something in common. Besides our love of food…” He trailed out giggling and smiling.

“Niall…” Louis said looking at the blonde funny. “Did you just giggle?”

“Um… I don’t know.” Niall said shrugging. “Did I?” He winked and I laughed. I’m not sure why but I laughed. Everyone looked at me at the right time as I came falling off the swing I was sitting on, which made them laugh.

You know that line? From the song Everything About You? There's nothing funny so we laugh at no-no-nothing. Yeah that line. That’s what right now felt like and to be honest, I liked the feeling. To be so carefree… so happy…

“So what about your brother?” Niall asked after everyone had sobered up. I laughed and began to tell them all about what happen this morning with Spencer.

“So… he basically told you he controls who you date?” Liam asked. I nodded my head.

“Sucks for Zayn!” Louis sang and then laughed.

“Yeah, but don’t worry about him Zayn.” I said smiling at him. “He’s just mad that I can get a lover and he can’t.”

‘Ohs’ were chorused around me and that’s when the thought hit me.

This is where I belong. With these five guys who will stop at nothing to make me happy.

This was my home.

*Sorry for not uploading! D:

I was uber busy lately and I didn’t have any time to write D:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)

xoxoxo Hayley!