·-25-· Does It Feel Better? ·-25-·

"Champion?" I asked, glancing from one person to the next. "What champion?"

"The vorpal sword needs a wielder. It can't just pick itself up," Hamilton- who was now wearing a green tailcoat and gray waistcoat, opposed to his red waistcoat- explained. "So we're going to choose a champion."

"Is it limited to a person?" Peggy asked.

"No, it could be anyone," Eliza took a seat on her throne. "We don't know yet."

"How are they chosen?" Laurens asked.

Eliza and Hamilton glanced at each other before Hamilton sighed. "We don't know. This the first time this has ever happened."

I sighed, shaking my head.

"Then how much time do we have before the Red King of Hearts attacks?" I asked.

"Not long I'm afraid," Hamilton mumbled. "Though I'm afraid for Hercules and Angelica. They might've been found out by Pheacker or the King."

"Shouldn't we rescue them?"Peggy exclaimed.

"Yes, we're thinking about that," Eliza answered. "Tomorrow, Lafayette, John, and Thomas are going back to the palace to rescue Hercules and Angelica. They'll take a small team with them just in case they run into some trouble."

"What if they don't come back?" Mariah asks, crossing her arms.

"Don't worry I know they'll come back," Hamilton hummed. "You're all dismissed."

We all took a small bow before going our separate ways. At the moment, I made my way through the hallways and towards Madison's room.

I knocked on the door right as I arrived. I was excited to see him again, after a night's sleep- or, the lack of it. I've been in this Wonderland for almost a week. Does that mean I've been missing from the real world for a week? Does that mean my siblings would be worrying their asses off for a week? What about Bet? Is she alright?

"Uh," I heard a voice stammer from behind the door. "You can enter!"

I looked down at my clothes before entering. I was wearing something different today. I wore a lavender colored dress shirt with a wine colored waistcoat over it. I also wore a magenta tailcoat with dark magenta trousers that it almost looked black. I also wore a white bowtie and black shiny shoes. I ran my hand through my hair before opening the door and stepping in.

"Oh, you," Madison scoffed but smiled. He shut his book, placing it on his desk. He was sitting on his bed, his top hat settled neatly next to him. "What do you need?"

"Well, you weren't at the meeting, so I assumed something was wrong."

"Yeah, something is wrong. You decided to interrupt my reading."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. I walked towards his desk, taking his book and skimming through the pages.

"But I guess I missed something important." Madison shrugged. "Considering that you're here."

"Yeah, you miss quite a lot actually. You missed Lafayette, Lauren's and I's knighting. You missed the fact that the sword is going to choose champions-"

"Oh, I already knew that," Madison hummed. "Anyway, what happened with Phillip? Did they finally get his side of the story?"

"Well, not exactly." I huffed, letting out a small laugh. "No one can exactly speak Bandersnatch, can they?"

Madison shook his head with a small smile. I shut his book, returning it to the desk. I sat crosslegged across Madison on the bed.

"Besides that, I'm joining Lafayette and Laurens on a mission tomorrow. We're going back to the Red Palace to rescue Angelica and Hercules."

"Oh, are you now?" Madison snorted. "I wouldn't be surprised if you get captured once again."

"Our capture wasn't my fault, to begin with," I retorted. "Besides, we're not going to take long. We'll be in and we'll be out, as soon as that."

"I don't think you understand how hard it is to infiltrate a palace, Thomas." Madison laughed. "But, I guess if you're that sure, be my guest." Madison pointed at me, a small glare on his face. "But I swear, Thomas, if you don't come back, I'll hunt you down myself and I'll kill you."

"What if the King already killed me?" I asked with a small grin.

"Then I'll kill you again." Madison smiled. "I'll make sure you have a second death."

"Alright- alright." I crossed a pointer finger across my heart. "I promise, Maddy, I'll come back as soon as possible."

I felt a hand smack against my cheek. I held my cheek in pain, looking at Madison with a raised eyebrow.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"For calling me, Maddy!" Madison hissed, crossing his arms. He glared at me, making me chuckled lightly. "But you better fulfill your promise, or I'll do worse than a slap!"

I chuckled, turning to the door once a knock was heard.

"Hey, Jefferson?" I heard Hamilton ask me a question from the other side of the door. "Can you do me a favor for a second?"

"Yeah, just give me a second!" I called back. As I tried to stand, I felt something tug on my sleeve. I turned to see Madison gripping my arm, looking away to something obscure in the distance.

"Actually, something is bothering me."

"What, are you going to say that it's me?" I smiled playfully. "Good one."

"No- no, I-" Madison sighed, meeting my gaze. "I have been having nightmares, as of late."

There was a long stretch of silence before I heard a knock on the door.

"Jefferson?" Hamilton asked.

"Hey, Hamilton?" I asked. "I'm kinda busy right now! I don't think I can help you."

"It's alright, talk to you later then!" Hamiton replied before I heard footsteps walking away. I returned back on the bed, Madison never letting go of my arm.

"Would you like to talk about it?" I raised an eyebrow. Madison shook his head, looking away shyly.

"No- can you just... Stay? For awhile longer?"

"Oh, of course!" I moved his top hat to a nightstand before sitting next to Madison, my back against the headboard. Madison's eyes lit up, taking his book and resting his head on my shoulders.

"Do I owe you anything for doing this?" Madison asked.

"Yeah, actually."

"What is it then?"

I sighed softly. "I just hope you feel better."

"