Chapter 4 (Realization)

Start from the beginning

After a couple of minutes the lady yelled, “Next!”

Jared and I walked over to the lady and sat down. She looked at us and her eyes widened a bit in surprise.

“You two have switched bodies haven’t you?” she asked pointing between the two of us.

How did she know? Fortune tellers normally flip cards and whatever is on the card is what your fortune is. They are barely ever correct so how did she know?

“Yeah,” Jared replied.

“So my spell did work then,” her smile widened a bit.

Spell? What does she mean when she says spell? There are no such thing as witches. Is she implying that she’s a witch?

“What spell?” I asked.

“The one that was in the bracelets that I gave you two yesterday when you were fighting,” so it was the bracelets, “There are different ones that have different words on them. For instance you guys had ones that said LOVE on them so you would switch bodies with your soulmate. There are ones that say courage, hope, and caring. They all do something that changes the way you see life. The only way to break them is change the way you live. For example when you get the caring one everyone seems to be mean to you, even the people who are nice to you become mean and the only way to break the spell is to become nice to everyone, even the people you don’t like.” the lady explained to us.

The bracelets are a bit better to understand but I had just one question, “How do you break our spell?”

The lady’s smile became even bigger, “You need to make amends with your soul mate.”

“And who is our soul mate?” Jared asked snottily.

“Well your soul mate is the person you switched bodies with. So Jared your soul mate is Vivienne and Vivienne your soul mate is Jared,” the lady said.

Jared and I looked at each other, “No. You have a mistake Vivienne is not my soul mate. I hate Vivienne so there is no way that she can be my soul mate," Jared said.

Jared cannot be my soul mate. Let me repeat it to all you guys that probably think that Jared should be my soul mate. Jared. Is. Not. My. Soul mate! Did you get that through your head? I said it nice and slow for you so you better have got it that time. The lady must have messed up. Jared and I are not soul mates!The lady must have messed up. Jared and I are not soul mates! There is no way in hell that we could be soul mates. It’s just… impossible.

“I think that you made a mistake. We are not soul mates,” I kindly told the lady.

The lady looked at me with disbelief in her eyes, “I do not make a mistake when it comes to love. You two are soul mates. The only way to change back is for you two to make amends with each other.”

Jared let out a small snort, “Ha-ha! It won’t happen till pigs fly.”

“Well then you guys will be in each other’s bodies till that happens then,” the lady said.

“Well thank you for your advice. Good-bye,” I said politely.

I pulled Jared out of the booth and out of the park. We walked to the car in silence. I got in the passenger’s side and Jared started the car. Jared drove out of the parking lot and onto the main road.

“We still need to go to the drug store,” I spoke after a couple minutes of silence.

Jared looked at me for a second then looked back at the road, “And why do we need to go to the drug store?”

“To get you a pregnancy test,” I told her.

Jared let out a sigh and turned into the nearest drug store parking lot. We got out and walked in. We walked down the aisle the tests were in and grabbed three different types. We also got a congratulations card and some chocolate so it looked kind of like a gift. We then walked to the cash register. The cashier looked at us and gave us a look as if he didn’t believe that this was a gift. I guess lots of other people did the same thing as us. We paid and left the store.

We drove to Jared’s house in silence. Jared stopped in front of his house and I got out. Before I shut the door I said, “Text me the results please,” I slammed the door and walked inside the house.

As I went to walk upstairs Mrs. Hernandez stopped me in the hall, “I need to talk to you Jared,” she said calmly with a hint of sadness in her voice. What could have happened?

I'm back! So Vivenne and Jared are soul mates. Well that's interesting. 

Comment what you think of this chapter!

 What I think Matt looks like to the side>>>

~banana4567~