CHAPTER 20: The Day Before D-Day

Start from the beginning

"Then I got you home, everyone started panicking, the usual and then we called a doctor and guess what he said?"

"Um...what?"

"Well what did you eat since morning?", Adrian narrowed his eyes at me accusingly.

I rewinded the entire day and guess what...shit! In fact double shit! All this for nothing!

"A glass of juice...", I said and then looked at him apologetically. I was so worked up that I forgot to get myself anything to eat. How much more stupid could I be!!

After drowning myself in more embarrassment, I went to the kitchen and fetched myself some chocolate ice cream. Yeah! I know, it's December and no, I don't plan on falling ill but inside this centrally heated mansion, the temperature is always controlled so it's as good as June in here and come on, is there anything more filling than ice cream?

■■■

Today's agenda was to:
1.Check in on the arrangements in the hall.
2.Write my speech.
3.Choose an outfit for the party with Charlotte.

The big event was TOMORROW!!

I quickly changed into a light, floral dress and a white sweater and went down. Oops! I did forget that everyone downstairs would be prying to know why I fainted.

Here goes nothing...

So I was right, everyone was waiting for me with prying eyes and Paula made sure that I finished double of what I usually ate. Aww! I love her. She reminds me of my mom.

Then I went back to my room and began scribbling a speech in my rarely opened diary.

"Dear all..."
Too formal.

"Ladies and gentlemen..."
Too showy.

Two hours later all I had was this:

It is a simple speech Nessa. Think!

"Hello everyone,
I am Vanessa Catherine Hudson, the eldest daughter of William Hudson, head of the London branch of the Hudson enterprises and one of the candidates vying for the position of the next CEO.

Well that is enough about me and my dear brother, Nate has already told you about the company's beginning and partnership with the Greys so I promise to keep this short.

I have worked with this company for over four years now and even though I was a continent away from home, I still had a very supportive family, my work family. I have seen many projects through its completion and the work environment, be it the cooperation, punctuality or trust, it has just been perfect.

We have come this far, 35 years after its formation, through various deadlines, projects, heaps and heaps of never-ending files and most importantly success, it wouldn't have been possible without all of you. So thank you all, the investors, the shareholders, the customers and all the employees, because without your support we couldn't have built the Hudson enterprises and today we welcome the Greys &Co. to join us and be a part of this wonderful family that I love and cherish.

Thank you so much."

Whew...There it was!!! Yay!!! Definitely a memorable closing speech.

Next, I checked in with Mrs. Smith and from the sound of it, everything was going well so I proceeded for the next thing on the list today, my favourite.

Charlotte brought in front of my three amazing evening dresses that she had custom designed for me and said, "Well the theme of the party is really bright and loud and an evening gown is quite a statement so I chose lighter colours for you. Now pick."

The first was a champagne coloured dress with a lace bodice along with pretty dangling earings, a matching bracelet and a pair of cream coloured stilletos.

The next option was a lilac off-shoulder dress with a ribbon belt, along with matching pumps, a diamond necklace and earings.

Last was a shimmering chrome dress with silver wedges and statement earings.

I love them all but now was the time to answer the real question...which one to chose?

A/N: Hey guys! A very happy, safe and colourful Holi to you and your family.💙💙💜💜💚💚💛💛

I know it has been long but I have my exams and I have been pondering about an idea for another book which I'm going to write later. Anyways, I could really use some help to decide which dress Vanessa should wear for the party. So, pick one!

Love you all.😍😍😍😍