Sleep

Here you were again, in the cramped office, fending off robots that probably wanted to eat you, or possibly use your skin to dress themselves with.

And at some point, you had started to hallucinate.

When were staring Bonnie in the face, you could swear for a second he was looking at you. No, not just looking at you, he always did that. He really was looking at you. Maybe like a human would.

Maybe he even uttered something. 

It's me.

What?

You closed the door on him. 

Sometimes you heard breathing. Not your own, but breathing of which might be from another person in the building with you. Breathing, maybe how a human would breathe. 

You tried to block out the sound. You covered your ears in vain.

You hunched over the desk, the computer lay forgotten in your lap.

You would say you had stayed like that for hours, but it couldn't be. When you looked at the time again only 2 minutes had passed. 

Ugh. You rested your forehead on the cool surface of the desk, facedown staring at the monitor. Maybe now wasn't the time to be doing this... you should probably get back to work.

Get a hold of yourself! You scolded. You sat up straight. 

The golden suit of a bear sat slumped in front of you, just past the desk. You sharply inhaled, the air cutting your throat like shards of glass. You jumped back out of your seat and pressed yourself against the wall. You never broke eye contact, but there was nothing there.

Your head buzzed, and your whole body buzzed, and you looked up at the ceiling and slid down the wall. For Pete's sake, what was with these vivid hallucinations? You didn't feel very well. 

You tried to stay as levelheaded as you could for the rest of the night. The second the 6:00 bell rang, you were out of the office and in to the bathroom, heaving your guts out in to the toilet. There went lunch. 

You wish you had been able to fall asleep instantaneously, but you couldn't help but to stay awake thinking about what the following days would have to come. If nobody else came along and decided to take up the night shift soon, you would be stuck with it for this next week as well. You weren't sure if you could do it anymore. But God, you needed the money. Nothing like the ever looming threat of getting thrown out of the apartment building.

You nearly jumped out of your skin when you heard the phone ring. (Geez, you were jumpy today.) Did everybody get this many phone calls? Probably not. You grumbled and rolled off of your bed. You just wanted to sleep.

"Mmm... Y/N?" Vincent hummed.

You grunted.