Arianna’s POV

“I don’t know about this Ari. I was confident before but looking at myself now, well, I don’t know.” Chloe stood in front of me looking in the full length mirror at herself. I had her put on a black pencil skirt with a deep red blouse that had low cleavage with matching red pumps. She threw her hair into a ponytail and applied make up that made her eyes more alluring.

“You look great. Don’t worry, this will work. And you will have fun doing it.” She seemed to question me but then eased up her expression letting out a sigh as she looked back at the mirror.

“Can we go over what I’m going to do?” she asked me. I nodded approving the idea and we sat on my bed facing each other. “So I go into the restaurant, sit down and order a drink. Then I ask him what there is to do in town that is fun, because I’m new.” I gave her a nod. “Then and if he even does, he should invite me to go with him. If everything works out.”

“Okay that’s great just one more thing. He is very charming and smart. I know this sounds stupid but he will find a way into your head and manipulate you to think whatever he wants you to think.” She tilted her head and then giggled.

“Don’t worry, I’m a brick wall. I just need to get my sexy on.” Winking at me she got up and grabbed her purse to head out the door.

“Now remember if you need me, excuse yourself and go to the bathroom and call me. If it does work then call me when you’re on your way home. Okay?”

She waved me off and laughed again. “Don’t worry I got this.”

“Wow you just got a lot of confidence out of nowhere.” And with that she blew me a kiss then left through the front door taking my car.

I went to the window to watch as she pulled away, when I turned around to walk back to my bed I ran into him.

“Okay I really think you’re doing that on purpose.” Josh said after we both stopped laughing.

“I think you just like sneaking up behind me so I run into you on purpose.” Raising my eyebrows I passed around him and went to my bed. “Now will you leave I want to change.”

His eyes went wide and then he plopped his being onto the chair by the window and stared at me. “Okay then change.”

I was in shock to how he was acting. I stood there and waited for him to get up to leave but he never moved. “Fine have it your way.” I grabbed my sweatpants and t shirt and headed to my bathroom.

But I was stopped by his voice. “I’m just messing with you, I’ll leave.” He walked past me and seemed to slow down in front of me to then quicken his pace out the door. I sighed with relief not wanting him to see a part of my past I didn’t want to reveal.

Josh’s POV

I walked past her looking at her face briefly as I slowed down. I wanted to kiss her so badly but I wasn’t sure how she would feel about that, she technically still had a boyfriend, even if he is a total douche bag.

When I decided not to I sped up and left her room closing her door behind me, but not completely. It was left cracked.

I started for my room when I head humming. Arianna started to sing Hate That I Love You by Rihanna ft. Ne-Yo. She had a very beautiful voice but it was a little muffled by the wall between us. So without even thinking I went back to her door and pressed my ear into the cracked door.

“And I can’t stand you. Must everything you do make me wanna smile. Can I not like you for awhile?” she sang those first view lines and I found I needed to look at her. So I opened the door I little more to get a better view. It was then I realized how wrong this was.

Just as I looked she pulled her shirt over her head showing herself standing in her bra and jeans with her back to me. But that’s not what caught my attention. It was the big, deep burn marks. They seem to have no pattern but they were all over her back including a little butterfly tattoo on her lower back.

I felt sick to my stomach and decided that this was definitely wrong. So I backed away from the door and entered my bedroom. I walked in, laid on my bed and found myself thinking. She never indicated that she had something wrong like physiologically. But also, at the gala, I never saw the marks when she had her dress on. Could she have covered them up with make up?

All these questions ran through my mind as I silently hummed the lyrics to Hate That I love You until I drifted off into a sleep.

~~~As usual please comment, vote, fan and all that goodness!:) Thank you and I love you all. Also I just finished my Logan Lerman fan fiction so I strongly ask that you go check it out. I will be coming out with a sequel soon so look for that also. Thank you again and yeahh. Its almost 2 in the morning so I have no idea what to say!:) Goodnight or good morning? Haha~~~