Chapter 8: Pregnancy #2 Pt. 2

Nick's POV:
The next morning, which is Christmas Day, we all get up around 8:00.  We do our presents.  Mine to Miley and Miley's to me.  Then ours to 7-month-old Adam, who rips his up slowly with his tiny hands.

Then Miley and I get dressed with her in a green sweater dress with heels, and me in a dress shirt and pants.  Miley heads to the nursery to get Adam dressed in a Christmas onesie.

Once everyone is dressed, we head to church and then Miley's parents' house for Christmas Day.  Billy Ray and Tish greet us when we came in to the living room.  "Hey, guys."

Billy looks at me.  "Hey, Nick.  I haven't seen you in a while.  Not since Adam was born, I think."

"Hey, Billy.  And that's not true.  You saw us for Miley's birthday."  We had Miley's family come over to our house for cake and to say happy birthday.

Tish looks at Adam.  "Ahhh, there's our grandbaby."  She takes Adam from Miley.

Adam arouses from his nap and looks around to realize he's not in neither Miley's arms or mine.  He starts crying a bit.

"Mom, seriously, he was sleeping from the car ride.  Now he wants me or his daddy."  Miley takes our son back from her mom, going, "Come here, baby."  She gets Adam to calm down and eventually sleeping again.

I look around for her siblings.  She has five of them;  Trace and Brandi were originally Tish's from another relationship, but Billy had adopted them.  There was also Miley's whole siblings Noah and Braison.  Then there was Christopher Cody, who is Billy's kid from another relationship who's around Miley's age and lives with his mom.  Miley never hears from her half-brother anymore.  She became closer to her four other siblings, who grew up with her.  "Miley, where's your siblings?"

"Oh, probably off with their dates.  Frankie's probably with Noah off somewhere.  Brandi has a date she won't tell me about.  Trace is dealing with some issue with Brenda.  Braison has a girlfriend and is spending Christmas with her.  As for Chris . . . I don't know.  Maybe Daddy has his phone number or at least his mom's."

"Sorry, darling.  I lost his and his mom's a long time ago."

Trace comes in with Brenda Song, who I thought was his ex-girlfriend.  "Hey, guys."

"Hey, Trace," everyone greets him.

Miley looks at Brenda.  "Hey, Brenda.  Haven't seen you in a while.  How are you?"

"Good.  How are you?"

"I'm good."  She pauses as if to think, leaving an awkward silence.  "Merry Christmas!"

"You too!"

"You're hugging my brother.  Why?"

"We're friends again."

Miley flips out.  "Trace!!!  Why?  I thought you were mad at her!"

"I was, but that was a couple years ago."

"So I thought you moved on."

"I thought we did too."

Miley stomps off.

I didn't want to butt in, but she's upset.  It could be the hormones taking part.  It could be whatever went down between Trace and Brenda.  "Guys, what happened?"

"I don't know.  She blew up at us.  She's acting really weird," Trace answered.

"Well, what happened between you and Brenda in the first place?"

"Brenda started those pregnancy rumors from 2012, telling my whole family and friends.  I was pissed at her and that's why we broke off the engagement.  Obviously, Miley might still be upset by the whole thing."