"Just for one night, please father." John pleaded.

"Hello, father can I help you with something? What is going on?" I asked innocently.

"John wants to wear my top hat tonight and I said no becuase he would look ridiculous. It is too big for him and I don't need him to ruin it." Father said starring at John even though he was talking to me.

Why didn't John just leave the subject alone after he said no like I told him to? I know how much he wishes to wear fathers hat though. John has always loved that silly old hat.

"Oh father please for my birthday could John wear your hat? I am sure that he would look quite dashing not as dashing as you of course but John just wants to dress perfectly for this banquet. I am sure John wants to look like a gentleman for all the important guests tonight." I smiled at John. "I am sure that he will take extra good care of it." I assured father.

He then started pondering the thought. In order to actually talk to my parents you need to know how to please them. First you have to give an excuse Exhibit A mine was my birthday. Second give a compliment to them Exhibit B I said "not as dashing as you of course". Third you have to assure them that nothing will go wrong Exhibit C "he will take extra good care". See I could've said it directly but that wouldn't of worked. Plus you always have to have the word perfect or anything Exhibit D "dress perfectly"

"Okay I guess it wouldn't hurt." Father said.

"Yay!" John cheered. "Thank you thank you thank you." John said before he ran to hug our father.

"Get off John." Father snapped. John immediatley backed off and went to go get the top hat leaving father and I in the room.

The room filled with silence I could see my father was starring at me and I just gave a small smile.

"Wendy you look just like your mother did when she was your age." Father smiled.

"You knew mother when you were my age?" I asked. I never knew that.

"Yes. We dated when we were your age and then got married right out of high school just like you and Alexander will."

Oh right he doesn't know I broke up with Alexander. "Father what if hypothetically speaking I didn't marry Alexander." I said even though I feared the answer.

"Well we would probably lose the business between his parents and our company. They are our biggest client so we will probably lose over half of our stock. But that would never happen becuase you love Alexander. What a crazy thought Wendy. How did you think of that?" He chuckled.

I then replied with a fake laugh. "I don't know what came over me. I am going to help set up the caviar." I smiled before I left the room.

I made my way towards the kitchen as everything was in the hustle bustle of the ball. I was fortunate to get all the lesiure I have and I will miss that but nothing can compare to the hapiness and joy that fills me whenever I am with Peter. When Peter tells me about Neverland I can't explain the feeling but it's almost like the island is calling to me.

Like I am meant to be there.

I helped put small sandwhiches on platters and set crackers on plates chips in bowls and anything else that seems rich and snobby or "classy" I probably helped with that to.

Guests started arriving around 7:00. I was standing at the door greeting everyone as they came in. After I assumed everyone was here I got a glass of sparkling cider and made my way throughout the party.

I was of course acting cheerful and polite or as my mother would say "perfectly darling".

I was managing through the night but then I saw someone who I didn't want to see as soon as I saw him I turned around in hope that he wouldn't see me.