Introduction

Introduction to Writer's Guide

                                                     Kayla Murphy

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  

Some of you may know me by the name of Kayla Keifer. I wrote "Kayla's Imponderable Thesis on Writing" two years ago and it has served writers with advice on a multitude of topics and grammar lessons for the less experienced. 

I am taking the ideas of the thesis, and lesson plans I make for writer interns, and turning them into a new theory for all writers. Everyone can benefit from the tips, tricks, and ideas given in this new guide. All genres are covered, not excluding fan fiction, and methods are given for all types of styles and writer personalities. My goal is to transform your view on the art of writing.

If you are interested in learning a bit about myself, I will tell you that I am a self-taught writer. I have been writing for over six years and continue in college. My sister is an English professor at A&M University, and my mother is a published poet. I am engaged at the moment and work at a preschool part-time. I do not take myself seriously, so you will catch a lot of sarcasm in this guide. I make a lot of references to movies, novels, and life experiences. I also poke fun at a lot of different people, but nobody in particular. Do not take me for a bitch or a know-it-all.

I can honestly admit that I do not know everything there is to know about writing, nor do I claim to be one hundred percent correct on everything I say in this guide. This is simply what I believe to be true, a place to share my ideas and the lessons I've learned.

Please enjoy reading this guide, and I hope you learn something valuable. I hope you can take something from here and apply it to your own writing rituals and experiences. I would love to hear from you so don't hesitate to comment with questions or a request or anything else. 

Lastly, let me say that I promise to keep this guide as censored as possible. I know that there are some people that prefer less vulgar language, so I will keep that in mind. I may not be able to control it all the time, but I will give it my best effort. Sometimes I slip up on my language and I may drop an F*bomb or two (or twelve).