Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Isolde POV

            I felt that I had jinxed myself by saying that. Devan and another man walk down the stairs to where we were.

            “Hello my dear, and Isolde.” He says, and Niall flinches slightly. Devan notices and chuckles.

            “Why are we here?” I ask. I wasn’t afraid of this guy anymore, he had angered me too much. I didn’t recognize the other man, but he was staring at me with pure hatred and disgust.

            “Hello, Alexander.” Niall says, cockily. I turn to look at Niall. He is smirking slightly, but I can see worry etched in his face.

            “Hello, dog.”, he replies, “How’s Zayn?” He asks with fake concern. I hear the gust of air Niall inhales at the sound of Zayn’s name.

            “He’s good, Al, how’s Peter?” He asks in the same tone. I feel my breath hitch at his words. Out of nowhere a hand comes up and slaps Niall across the face. I gasp. Niall just laughs and spits out blood. “Not well,  I’m guessing?”

            “Shut your mouth, you piece of shit.” He screams. Devan grabs Alexander’s hand before he can slap Niall again.

            “Don’t not touch him again.” He says, deathly quiet. Alexander yanks his hand away, and looks at him with hatred. “To answer your question, human, to fulfill a purpose.” He says simply. Devan walks up to Niall and gently touches his face to look at his wound. Niall yanks his head away, glaring at Devan. “Don’t look at me like that, love.” He says angrily.

            “Don’t call me love, you bloodsucking asswipe.” He spits. Devan sighs and stands up, looking at Alexander.

            “I think it’s time to separate the dear siblings.” He says, and Alexander nods, smiling wickedly.

            “No!” I scream as I watch Devan picks up Niall-chair and all- like he weighed nothing.

            “Don’t you dare touch her, you bastard!” He yelled as he was being drug out of the room.

            “Niall!” I screamed, terror filling my blood. I heard him screaming my name upstairs. Alexander laughed mockingly at my tears. I sobbed in silence for what seemed like hours, as he watches me.

            “Now then, let’s get better acquainted, shall we?” He says. For the second time today, I am struggling to catch my breath. I nod my head at him, I want to know what he has to say.

            “What purpose I am here to fulfill?” I ask him, and he chuckles.

            “Devan has always had a flare for the dramatics.” He tells me. He is pacing the room, looking outside at the sky. It looks to be about dusk. “You know the day all the wolves left us, he didn’t grieve the loss of my brother. My brother who was practically a brother to him as well, who was murder by your lovely mate in front of us.”, he tells me bitterly, “No, his loss he didn’t grieve, but he did grieve for the loss of his precious Niall.” He laughs bitterly.

            “Niall is not his.” I tell him, disgusted. He scoffs.

            “Did you know that the mate bond is broken at death?” He asks me randomly.

            “Yes, one cannot live without the other.” I tell him. He nods.

            “Devan always gets what he wants, and he has wanted Niall for years and years.” He says with a dramatic hand gesture. “He thinks Niall is pretty, a good fight, and would look great on his arm for all to see.”, he tells me, “But that’s where the trouble starts. Niall is mated to that dirty punk.” He says waving his hand.

            “His name is Zayn, and he’s twice the man you’ll ever be.” I spit at him. He laughs bitterly.

            “Do you know how someone becomes a vampire?” he asks. I shake my head. “Well a vampire has to drain the person of all their blood, then just before they die, they insert venom.” I don’t know what he’s trying to tell me, I stare at him in silence. He rolls his eyes. “For a fucking genius you’re so damn stupid. He will be dead.” I gasp.

            “Devan plans on breaking Niall and Zayn’s bond.” I whisper.

            “Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner!!!” He shouts sarcastically.

            “How does he know that Niall will stay with him after he changes?” I ask.

            “Because vampires always have loyalty to the one who created them, plus the bond will be broken and Zayn will no longer love him. Or want him for that matter.” He tells me smiling.

            “This was never about Harry and I. It was about Devan and Niall.” I say.

            “No, it was about Harry. Niall is just a bonus for Devan, we didn’t even know he was going to be with you. But Devan has had his little plan for a while so why not kill Niall?  See I’ve waited a hundred years for Harry  to find his mate. Now that he has, I am going to kill you.” He gets in my face.  I am petrified with fear at his words.

            “Harry will kill you after you kill me.” I tell him. He laughs at me.

            “No, you see that’s the best part.”, he says laughing and pacing around, “He will be so grief stricken that he will kill himself before he even realizes who murdered you.” He pouts his lips at me, and I feel like I am about to vomit. Harry cannot die because of me.

            “You will never get away with this.” I tell him, honestly. If Harry doesn’t find him, Louis and Liam will. Just then Alexander looks outside, and smiles sadistically. 

            “It’s time for you die.” He tells me. He starts untying me, and I stand. I push him as hard as I can, and try to run. He grabs me before I can even take one step, and begins leading me up the stairs and to my fate.