Chapter 37 [Part 1]

Start from the beginning

"I know but-"

Tegan cut me off by placing her lips on mine. I kissed her back eagerly, I'd rather do this then go to see Joe, Annie and Liam. Tegan pulled away and I was disappointed, I thought she'd feel the same and want to stay home but she doesn't.

"Aww Cole," Tegan cooed when she saw how disappointed I looked. "I promise I'll make it up to you when we get back,"

"Really?" I asked with hopeful eyes.

"Of course, you know I keep my promises," That's true, Tegan never breaks her promiseswhen she tells me she'll make it up to me she does and I never forget the making up. I'm looking forward to the making up, it is always exciting.

"Ok, lets go," I grabbed Tegan's hand and led her to my car. It was good to drive again because I hadn't done so once in Spain.

"Tegan, Cole you're back," Liam cried happily when he saw us standing outside his house. He ran into Tegan's arms for a hug and wouldn't let go.

"I think that's enough Liam," I told Liam and pulled Tegan away from him to my side. Liam stuck his tongue out at me.

"I'm going to get Mum," Liam said before running into the house.

A minute later, Annie came out of the house with a big smile on her face.

"Oh my god! You're back," Annie exclaimed and hugged us both. "Are you pregnant yet?"

"Mum," Tegan moaned in surprise.

"What?" I'm not getting any younger, it's about time I became a Grandma don't you think?"

"Mum you're not old and besides me and Cole haven't really thought about having kids yet, have we Cole?" Tegan asked me.

"No," I agreed. "We've only been married a month,"

"Well you'd both better start thinking about it because before you know it, you'll be wrinkly and grey with no children. You'll regret it and then it'll be too late,"

"I know Mum, don't worry we know what we're doing,"

I would love to have children with Tegan, I wanted to as soon as we married but I have 2 very demanding jobs, I would have to give one of them up to be a father and I don't think Tegan is ready for us to start a family yet. I don't mind, we are immortal so we have all the time we need, there's no rush. I know one day we'll have some beautiful children together but right now, I want to make the most of life with just me and Tegan in it. Once we have kids, I know we won't have much alone time.

"Good, I'm expecting to be a grandma within the next 5 years, no pressure," Annie said.

"Annie don't put pressure on them, they are young and have just got married. They'll give us grand children when they are ready," Joe said as he appeared by the door. "Why are you all standing outside? Get in, the neighbours are watching, you know how nosy people are in this neighbourhood,"

Nobody could argue with that and went inside.

"Dad I've missed you," Tegan said and hugged Joe.

"I've missed you too, my princess," Joe replied and hugged Tegan harder. "How was Spain?"

"It was amazing Dad, the food was amazing and the beaches they were-" Tegan's voice trailed off as she followed her father to the other room. Tegan and her father chatted for ages while Annie made a fuss over me. It was sweet of her, I'd forgotten what it was like to have a Mum since I became a Demon.

"Mum don't fuss over Cole as well, he isn't a baby," Liam said in a disapproving way and stole me away to his room to play video games with him. He had quite a collection for a 15 year old, a very expensive collection. His parents really spoil him and Tegan. They are so lucky to have parents like that.

My parents weren't able to buy me much because we were poor, it took me a while to get where I am today which I am very grateful for. If I was poor then I would never have been able to meet Tegan because Jac's office is in a rich neighbourhood, I would never have been able to afford to go there with no money.

"So how's things been since you've been back at school?" I asked Liam when we waited for a new game to load.

"Great! It's like I never left," Liam replied.

"So how did you get this game?" I asked.

"Dad brought it for me,"

"Your parents love you a lot, you're very lucky. Some youngsters aren't so fortunate,"

"I know that's why I pray to the lord every day for giving me such a great family,"

"You pray?" I asked. I used to pray, I was a devout Christian when I was human but once I was turned into a Demon, I stopped believing in God. If there are immortals on this earth then it means there is no heaven or hell for us to be judged so why bother believing? I don't need a religion anyway, all I need is Tegan. She is my life now and without her, I would be nothing.

A couple of hours later Tegan joined us. "Mum wants us to stay for dinner," Tegan told me.

"That's fine," I replied.

"Come down you lot, dinner is ready," Annie called us a few minutes later. That was quick. We all hurried downstairs for dinner.

"Come back soon and once you've decided when you are having children, let me know, ok?" Annie said as we walked out of the door after dinner.

"Mum," Tegan groaned. "I told you-"

"I know when you're ready but there's no harm in thinking about it is there? Now go on before I never let you leave,"

We hurriedly got in the car and I drove us home.

"So," I put my hands on Tegan's waist and pulled her close to me once we arrived home. "You have some making up to do,"

"I guess I do," Tegan replied before she put her lips on mine.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!