Chapter 6 [Part 1]

"So what shall we do now?" I asked with a bored voice a while after we had finished breakfast. Cole shrugged, he was too busy gazing into my eyes since before. Although I don't mind staring into his eyes, it gets too intense and I have to look away. "This is all your fault, you woke up so early,"

I shot Cole a glare which he didn't expect.

"How is it my fault I couldn't get back to sleep?" Cole questioned.

"It is your fault, you didn't try hard enough to get back to sleep and you had to come knocking to me at 7 in the morning," I said irritably. I can't believe we are already arguing with each other, we only just got married. It really is all Cole's fault, he shouldn't have woken me up. I hate waking up early because when I do, I am always irritable.

"You look hot when you are mad," Cole commented and I felt my cheeks heating up. It's unbelievable how he made me feel irritable but now I am blushing and don't know what to feel.

"I'm not mad. I don't normally wake up this early, I like sleeping in,"

"I'm sorry for waking you. If I had known I wouldn't have disturbed you but at the same time, I am glad I did wake you because you look unbelievably hot right now,"

"I think you should stop talking before I get mad," I suggested as my cheeks reddened even further by Cole's comment.

"I think I would like to see that," Cole had the nerve to say. He is so handsome but annoying at the same time right now. I think I need a breather.

"I think I need to go for a walk," I decided as I stood up.

"Good idea," Cole agreed and stood up to join me. Since when did I say he could come with me?

"I meant alone," I clarified and saw the hurt in Cole's eyes. I feel a little bad now but what can I say? I need a few minutes away from him because he is just making me blush all the time.

"But you don't know your way around," Cole tried to mask the hurt from his eyes. I really feel bad now.

"It's ok, I won't go far," I promised. When I return, I will apologise to Cole because he hasn't done anything wrong and I've just been mean to him. This is why I don't like waking up early, I end up hurting people without thinking about it.

Cole didn't say anything so I made my way to the door and opened it. I looked at the weather, it's warm and dry. I grabbed a thin black jacket from upstairs and put it on.

"I'll see you in a bit," I told Cole before I stepped out the house and closed the door behind me after a final glance at Cole who seemed to look like a sad puppy. I must remember to apologise to him when I get back I told myself before I looked around and decided just to go for a small walk around the corner. I took a look at the house from the outside where it looked huge just like the houses beside it. I memorized the door number which was 15 and began walking down the road casually.

When I reached the corner a few minutes later, a gang of human teenage boys appeared. When they saw me, they wolf whistled at me and made inappropriate comments. I ignored them and walked as fast as I could away from them. When they disappeared from view, I gave a sigh of relief. It's nothing I haven't been through before as supernatural beings are very attractive and humans particularly can't help but ogle us.

After a few more minutes of walking, I decided to head back home.

"Cole I'm really sorry about before I-" I began to apologise but when I saw the fuming look on Cole's face as he paced a few steps away from me, I stopped. "Cole what's wrong?"

Cole's eyes snapped towards mine.

"Are you ok Cole?" I asked.

"I'm fine," was Cole's curt reply.

"You don't look fine, you look angry. Is it because of me? I'm sorry I snapped at you this morning, I don't know what it is. When I don't get enough sleep, I end up hurting people and-" I began to apologise but didn't get to finish as I felt lips press against mine.

AN~ Thanks to @j16gxc and @WildTiger18 for being the first readers to comment since I began to rewrite this story.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!