Chapter 27 [Part 1]

Start from the beginning

"I'll be back tomorrow," I told Jane before leaving the office and taking the lift again to the ground floor.

When I reached the reception, Carl was surprised to see me leave so soon.

"Where are you going?" Carl asked.

"That's none of your concern," I replied, Carl was taken aback with my tone of voice because usually I answered him calmly. I don't care if he's upset. He means nothing to me, he's only the receptionist.

"Will I see you tomorrow?"

"Maybe,"

Carl was about to say something else but I didn't give him a chance, I was out of there as fast as was possible in front of a human who I knew was checking out my backside. Ugh! What does he see in me? What am I saying? Of course he finds me attractive, I'm a Demon. All supernatural beings are attractive to humans but the only person I am interested in impressing is at home, waiting for me.

I stepped out of the 12 floor building and went to find my car in the car park. I soon found it and got in before driving to the secret location of my second job.

After a long couple of hours at my second job, it was finally time for me to get back to my beautiful soul mate. As I drove home, I began to feel anxious. I can't wait to be in the arms of the one I love. I've only been away from her for less than half a day but it feels like much longer.

When I reached home, I was expecting Tegan to be waiting for me but she wasn't. In fact, she was nowhere to be seen but Liam was there watching T.V.

"Cole you're back. Thank goodness," Liam exclaimed.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"No. When you left for work, Tegan burst into tears and ran upstairs. She hasn't returned since and I couldn't go up to check up on her,"

"What do you mean she hasn't returned?" I asked with a horrified expression. I hope Tegan is ok.

I was about to run upstairs to find out but then I remembered Liam.

"Are you ok? Do you need the bathroom? You must be hungry too,"

"I am fine and yes I am hungry. I am bursting to go to the bathroom but I can wait. Go and see if Tegan is ok,"

I didn't argue with that. I stepped out of the room so Liam couldn't see before I disappeared with my Demonic abilities. The next second, I was in the bedroom. I looked around for Tegan but I couldn't see her anywhere. I began to panic.

"Tegan," I called out to the empty room in a worried voice before seeing something blurry run towards me. The next thing I knew, I was being cuddled by something soft. I put my arms around them, I knew it was Tegan. I gave a sigh of relief.

"Cole you're home," Tegan cried happily.

"I am," I agreed before I placed my lips on my love's. Tegan kissed me back eagerly and before I knew it, she had pinned me down on the bed and was trying to remove my shirt. As much as I was glad about that, it wasn't the time. I took hold of Tegan's wrists just as she was about to pull my shirt over my head. Tegan looked upset at that.

"Tegan," I cooed.

Tegan looked into my eyes sadly.

"Tegan you know we can't do this now-" I began to say but didn't get to finish because Tegan wrapped her arms around my waist.

"But I missed you," Tegan said and put her lips on mine. As much as I wanted to continue, I had to pull away.

"Tegan you left Liam on his own all day, what if something had happened to him? You know he is human and still a child. Why did you do that?" I asked.

"I'm sorry," Tegan apologised. "When you left, I didn't know how to go on so I just came up here and couldn't bring myself to tend to Liam. I know it sounds unlike me, I don't usually get all emotional but it was against my control,"

"Oh babe," I cooed and kissed Tegan's cheek.

"Is Liam alright?" Tegan asked.

"He's hungry and needs to use the bathroom but apart from that, he is fine,"

"Oh no! I'm a terrible sister. How could I have left my brother like that?" Tegan exclaimed.

"It's ok. We haven't been apart from each other before so this was bound to happen. I was going out of my mind without you if that helps,"

"Does that mean you won't go to work tomorrow?" Tegan asked with hopeful eyes.

"No. I am going in to work tomorrow too,"

Tegan's look of hope disappeared and she looked to the ground with sadness.

"Don't worry. You won't always feel like you did today. We'll get used to being apart from each other,"

"I know but I don't like it Cole. It was so hard not seeing you all day,"

"I know exactly how you feel," I agreed. It's really surprising what has happened. If anyone was going to fall apart today, it should have been me because I am more attached to the relationship than Tegan is but I guess I got that wrong. Tegan is affected by my absence just as much as I am by hers. Today has proven that.

"Are you ready to see Liam now?" I asked.

"Yes. I have missed him," Tegan took my hand and together we made our way downstairs.

I can't believe Tegan locked herself away in our bedroom all day and didn't care for Liam, her own brother. The poor thing had it really hard today, I'm not sure she will be able to take me being away from her for long and I don't think I can either. When Liam returns home then I will have to do something about it.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!