Chapter 19 [Part 1]

Začít od začátku

"Why would I ever stop loving you Tegan? Is that what you think? That one day I will just stop? That's impossible, I love you. We'll be together for life, I promise. I don't want anyone else but you and I never will," Cole promised as he leaned over to place a kiss to my cheek.

"Yes you love me now but you might feel differently some day,"

"I won't," Cole insisted and kissed me again. I didn't believe him and I think Cole could see the disbelief in my eyes because of what he told me next.

"Tegan you don't know much about Demons and mates do you? How would you know when I haven't explained things to you,"

"Explained what to me?" I asked in confusion, what hasn't he told me? Cole was about to answer but then Jesse showed up with our food.

After Jesse placed our food in front of us, he said

"If anything isn't up to your satisfaction then don't hesitate to tell me. If I'm not around, any other member of staff can help if you need anything. Enjoy your meal," Jesse smiled before walking away.

"Cole?" I asked but Cole didn't reply immediately because he was already tucking into his food.

"What?" Cole asked with his mouth full.

"What haven't you explained to me?"

Cole took a minute to swallow his food before replying.

"Let's enjoy our meal. I'll tell you at home," Cole finished and I agreed before starting my Chicken Alfredo which was delicious.

"Want some chips?" Cole asked as he pushed the side of chips he had ordered towards me.

"Sure," I replied and took a handful from the bowl of chips and added it to my plate. Cole was surprised at that.

"What?" I asked.

"I wasn't expecting you to take any,"

"And why is that?"

"You're a girl, you're watching your figure aren't you?"

"No I'm not Cole, I don't need to watch my figure. I am a Vampire, Vampires stay the weight they were when they were changed even if they were fat they'll turn skinny as they turn into a Vampire. If they were born a Vampire like me they are always slim no matter what,"

"Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about that. You're very lucky, a Demon's weight can change just like a human's," Wow! I thought Demon's couldn't gain weight or lose it, like Vampires.

"You don't have a weight problem, you're in great shape,"

"Thanks," Cole said with a smile.

"You're welcome,"

When we finished our meal, Cole wanted to order dessert.

"Ok........... I want ice-cream," I said after taking a look at the menu of deserts.

"Sure I think I will too, maybe we can share," Cole raised his hand and Jesse appeared out of nowhere.

"Mr Knight, how can I help you?" Jesse asked.

"We would like to order dessert," Cole answered.

"Sure, what would you like?"

"A vanilla and chocolate ice-cream with chocolate sauce and strawberries,"

Jesse wrote that down on his notepad before saying "Great that will be served to you shortly,"

Jesse disappeared.

10 minutes later, the desert arrived. It is the biggest bowl of ice cream I have ever seen, no wonder Cole wanted us to share. I licked my lips before picking up a spoon and had my first bite. It is yummy, the Strawberries are just right and compliments the ice-cream well. A moan escaped my mouth.

"I take that as you love it," Cole said with a knowing look as he took a bite.

"Of course I love it, it's ice-cream," I replied.

We finished the desert and Jesse returned for the bill. Cole slipped a shiny black debit card into the portable bill paying gadget in Jesse's hand before typing in his pin then took back the card.

"Thanks for dining with us, please come again soon," Jesse waved us off and nodded towards me. The other diners seemed to relax as they realised we were leaving.

Cole drove us home, I was so full and tired that we headed straight to bed upon reaching home. I couldn't wait to shut my eyes and let sleep take over but unfortunately Cole seemed to have other ideas as he put his arms around me and began kissing my lips tenderly.

"Cole I'm tired," I whined.

"I know, I just want to talk," Cole answered against my lips.

"Talk about what?" I asked with a yawn.

"How did you find our first date?"

"Technically it was our second date because you asked me out to the park first but it was lovely, the best date ever. Thank you Cole,"

"Really?"

"Of course,"

"Good," Cole beamed and gave me a peck on the lips.

"So are you going to explain things to me?" I asked nervously. I am really curious to hear about Demons and mates but something tells me I won't like what I hear.

"I thought you were tired,"

"I am,"

"Then there is always tomorrow,"

I have to agree because I am slowly falling asleep. I will have to ask Cole tomorrow about what he hasn't told me. My eyes closed but before I could fall asleep, I felt soft lips on mine for a second. Then I heard

"Goodnight beautiful,"

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!