It was tight at the top, with a sweetheart neckline making her breasts look bigger then they actually were.  The bottom was a lot larger in width making it look like a wedding gown, if it weren’t for the color.

     Her black feathered mask was the perfect accessory.

     “Enjoying yourself?” Ira asked as she walked over to were Leila stood. Leila could only recognize her by her brown larger–then–life hair.

     “You look gorgeous,” She smiled. “Yeah, I’m having a great time. You?”

     “Yeah. I’m here with Aidan – he asked me.” She looks over to a young man placing some raw meat on a plate from the Wolves table.

     Leila tried not to make a face at the mention of him, as she wanted everyone to enjoy themselves, and she didn’t want any arguments between them.

     So instead of reminding Ira that she shouldn’t be seeing him, she simply smiled wider, and said, “Hope you guys have fun.”

     “Thanks, we will,” She walked back over to Aiden and grabbed the meat in his hands before placing a chaste kiss on his lips.

~

Lily

     She felt someone’s hands around her waist and she turned around to find a smiling Damian.

     “What do you want?”

     “Just to dance with my lovely girlfriend.” He smirked cheekily.

     She threw her head back in laughter, trying to avoid the flutters she got in her stomach at the way that Damian called her his girlfriend. Damian’s smirk was wiped off and was replaced by a sad look on his handsome face.

     “After what you said to me you expect me to dance with you? You expect me to laugh and smile in your arms as if we were happily in love?”

     “No,” He sighed. “but I was hoping we could pretend. Look Lily, I do care for you. I’m just not in love with you.  We’re just teenagers, and with all the growing up we’ve had to lately, I haven’t really had time to fall for you.” Lily’s heart broke at the mention of her love for him being unrequited. She looked down at her heels. His hand gently touched her jaw, forcing her to look up.

     “But when this all dies down, I promise you, I will love you with all of the fire in my lungs.”

     All she could do was stand there in front of him in bewilderment.

     “Now, may I have this dance?” Before she could deny his request, Damian’s hand was on her waist and hers was on his shoulder.

     She loved him, and she believed that Damian would come to love her, too.

~

Leila

     Leila was sat in her throne looking as everyone danced and laughed, and smiled when everything goes silent and everyone’s eyes are set on the entrance doors. A bright white light shone through – almost blinding all of them.

     A tall man in an all white suite with a matching white feathered mask walked trough the doors.

     “What’s the big deal? Why isn’t anyone dancing?” He questioned as the bright white light dies down slowly.

     Who is this guy? Samantha’s voice echoed in Leila’s  head.

     I have no idea. She replied.

     They make way for him as he wealks over to Leila’s throne, and one of the guards large hands stops him from coming any closer.

     “Leila..?” He hummed, as if expecting her to let him through.

     “You do not call Queen Leila by her first name only unless you are a Royal.”

     Leila didn’t know when, but it seemed that everyone had began to refer to her as ‘Queen Leila’, even if she asked them countless times to stop. Maybe it was because everyone was scared, and they wanted to leave. Maybe because deep, deep in their hearts, they all trusted and respected the Royals.  They had to be chosen for some reason, right?

     “Who says I’m not a Royal?” He didn’t look the least bit fazed by all those people staring at him let alone the guard baring his teeth.

    ‘Does he mean he’s a Royal? He doesn’t have a crown on his head, and I’ve never seen him around before, so that’s impossible.’ Leila thought.

     She decided to step down from her throne and walk over to him.

     “What’s your name?”

     “That’s for another time, Queen Leila.” He smirked at the Wolf who’s hands were still on his chest. Leila grabbed the Wolf gaurd’s hand and lowered it to his side.

     Leila didn’t know much about him – other than the fact thay he was good at making entrances and handsome as hell – but she knew she liked him.

     “I’d like to dance with you,” His request was surprising. He had just made the biggest entrance anyone could make and it was all for a dance.. with her.

     “Why would you make such a large entrance ..” Leila gestured towards all the staring people in a circle around them. “just for a dance with me?” Leila made her way over to him cautiously.

     “Well you see,” His charming smile sent chills down her spine. He took her hand in his as they walked to the dance floor.

     He leaned  in and whispered something that made Leila’s eyes nearly pop out of her skull.

     “I’m very much in love with you.”

     He backed away and tilted his head in the direction of the dance floor. He took her hand in his as the music started playing again.

     He placed his large hand on the small of her back and they make their way around the dance floor.

    “How can you love me? You don’t even know me.” Leila could hear the people whispering and cementing on how handsome they bet he was under that mask.

     “Who says I don’t know you, Dark Angel?” He dipped her down and kissed her neck. Leila almost let a moan escape her lips when she heard gasps, reminding her that there were others watching them.

     “I know more about you then you know about yourself,” He continued.

     “H–how?” She furrowed her brows together in confusion.

     He spun her away from him, then quickly brought her back in his arms.

     “Come and find me when you wake up,” He uttered before kissing her cheek, letting her go and walking out of the door.

         The Man In White.

     Who was that man? And how did he know Leila if she didn’t know him?

     Had Leila met him before?

     What did he mean by Come and find me when you wake up?

     She was awake, wasn’t she?