*****

Tris is giving Riley and Caleb a tour of the compound.  The remaining leaders are in the offices working on everything we have to get started now.  Tobias is helping Max scour through the files from Jude.  Meanwhile Eric and I meet with Jax.  We're preparing Riley's guards for him, verifying that they will be loyal to him and to Dauntless.  We confirm that they understand the nature of Jeanine Matthews, that she still has followers there in Erudite who may want to harm Riley. 
After we are convinced of their loyalty, we escort half of his team down to the garage to meet Riley and escort him back to Erudite. They will be inspecting his home, making sure it's safe, and guarding him after that.
Riley, Caleb, and Tris are waiting next to one of our armored vehicles when we arrive at the garage. Riley introduces himself to a few of the guards on staff. Tris walks Caleb over toward us. "It was good having you here. Maybe you'll visit again sometime," I say slapping him on the back.
"Yeah, maybe," he laughs nervously scratching his neck.
He hugs his sister and shakes Eric's hand before climbing into the vehicle. Riley is talking with Jasmine and shaking her hand. The other guards call her into the vehicle. She rushes over to the armored truck. Riley walks toward us.
"So, we'll see you tomorrow afternoon to work on the top floor," I tell him shaking his hand.
"Thanks so much for everything. I'll see you tomorrow," he smiles.
"Anytime," I say.
Eric and Jax both shake his hand and they're off.
"What are we doing in Erudite tomorrow?" Jax questions as the vehicles pull out of the garage.
"Let's go to the conference room. We've got a lot to discuss," Eric says leading the way.

*****

I slouch on the sofa after dinner. Lizzy is in the shower getting ready for bed. I'm exhausted already.
We met with Jax and told him everything that went on during the meetings.  We gave him some orders of what needs to be done and some information about teams he'll need to set up. We just got him started since there is so much more to go over but some things will have to wait. He's beginning with interviewing and hiring a staff for the prison. We'll start on that soon. Four and Max found the papers for getting us inside, along with the full information on the vault.
I feel a dip in the cushion beside me. I'm practically leaning on Eric now. "What's on your mind?" he asks putting his arm around my shoulder.
"I'm just thinking about the meetings with Jax," I shrug.
He nods. "You handled Lizzy pretty well today," he says.
"What do you mean?" I ask. 
"Just, how you talked to her.  You were understanding and nice but still corrected her behavior," he explains.
"Thank you," I respond softly.
Eric turns my face gently to his and looks me over. He has a look in his eye that I can't quite recognize what it means. "You know, I can't wait to see you raise our own," he whispers before his lips meet mine. I smile into the kiss as what he said registers in my mind. He really does want children with me. His hands slip under my arms and he pulls me onto his lap. I wrap my arms around his shoulders, my hands running through his hair. We continue to kiss and I get so lost in the moment that I barely register the sound of Lizzy walking down the hallway.
"Hosanna? Would you braid my hair?" she asks as she steps into the room. I slide off of Eric's lap but she caught us making out on the sofa.
Eric clears his throat awkwardly. "Sorry, Lizzy," he says.
She shrugs. "At least you two still love each other like Mom and Dad. Hector says his dad sleeps on the couch," she tells us coming into the room.
I frown at that. That's terrible. "So would you?" she asks again.
"Sure," I agree. "How do you want it?"
"Can you do a small one in the front? I want the rest down but curly in the morning," she elaborates.
"Yeah," I say scooting up on the sofa. She sits on the floor in front of me and I begin the braid near her hairline. I do a fishtail this time across her hairline by her forehead since it's different from last time. I wrap up the first one when I finish and begin running my fingers through the back of her hair.
"It's funny how I hate my curls and would love to get rid of them but she deliberately wants them. It's a shame she didn't inherit them and I got straight hair," Eric says watching us.
"If my hair was curly every day, I'd probably straighten it often. I just like having it different once in a while," Lizzy says.
I decide how I want to braid the back and begin the complex braid. "So what made you ask Tori what you did earlier?" Eric questions.
She shrugs. "I saw Dad give him Grandma's ring. She gave it to him because he was going to transfer and Grandpa was already gone.  Uncle David said he was thinking about giving it to someone when the time is right," she explains.
"What ring?" Eric questions.
"Dad used to wear a ring on a chain like you. It was black metal with a red stone—Dauntless. I remember sitting on his lap and he'd tell me stories about Grandma and Aunt Monica. I used to play with it and imagine what they looked like. I can't remember the stories, just how he talked about them. The ring is really pretty. It kind of reminds me of Hosanna's but Dauntless colors," she elaborates.
"Oh, I didn't know that," Eric says quietly.
I finish her hair and the two of us get ready for bed. I walk back in the bedroom after I finish brushing my teeth. Eric is ready and reading a book in bed. I decide to grab one from my nightstand and read a little, too. My mind is still frazzled by everything we did earlier, the last week, what we'll have to do tomorrow, and for quite a while. I turn to Philippians 4:6, since I remember there's a verse about anxiety. I start to read when there's a knock on the door. I set my book down to see Lizzy standing in the doorway nervously. "Can I stay with you?" she asks.
I look to Eric. He sighs. "Fine, for a little while," he says.
She claps her hands excitedly and climbs into bed between us. She giggles a bit before settling in. "What are you reading?" she asks me.
I show her the cover. "Oh, can I read with you?" Lizzy questions.
"Sure, do you want me to read it aloud?" I ask.
She nods. I begin again from where I initially started. I read a few verses for her at a normal pace so she can understand, finishing Philippians then moving on to Colossians. I look over after a while to see Elizabeth asleep. I'm sure she had a long day at school. She trained today in the training room with Hector and a few others. I set my book aside and pull the blankets over her. I kiss her forehead before turning my lamp off. Eric reaches over and kisses me, too.
"I love you," he whispers.
I smile. "I love you, too."

*****Thanks for reading!*****

Words of Wisdom:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."
Philippians 4:6-9 NIV