T W E N T Y S I X

"What really went wrong with us?" Sophia asked Paul as they layed on the roof of his childhood home

"What really went wrong with us?" Sophia asked Paul as they layed on the roof of his childhood home. She was invited for the weekend with Paul to his sisters party.

He laughed smiling and she slapped him playfully.

"I think about that every day, we lost communication. We did not know how to talk to anymore, and when we did it was fighting." Paul answered.

"I was afraid you were going to say that." She said frowning a bit. "I used to think we would never become that couple who had those issues but life get's the best of us I guess." Sophia spoke softly.

"What's up with you and Robert?" He asked and she grew nervous. "Nothin." She said trying not to make any sudden movements to think she was lying.

" I know when you're lying Soph." He said laughing. She sighed, "I don't really know what we are honestly. Like we like one another but that's it." She said growing concerned and sad that maybe Rob did not see a future with her. "And you're not happy about that?" He asked peering over at his ex wife. She nodded before tearing up.

"It's like I see so much happiness and a spark between us but nothing." She said. "Wait,now that I think about it. I've been the only one who has said anything about our feelings for one another." She said panicking a bit.

"Have you guys, you know."He said stating the obvious. She shook her head sitting up in a pretzel style.

"We've only kissed, maybe made out a few times but that is it. So no, we haven't done anything." She said looking up towards the moon.

"Remember when we first met on Vampire Diaries, it was a full night like this." She said, nostalgia hitting her.

"Maybe Tyler will come and hunt you." He joked. She giggled a bit.

"Rob and I...were so comfortable with one another, we are so close to one another yet he thinks were nothing more than friends; probably co stars." She said looking down in her lap. Paul took her hand and she leaned into his arms like she had so many times before.

"I didn't want to say anything- but I've really missed you." He said softly, looking down at the beautiful women he used to call his.

"I know Paul." She smiled wrapping her arms around his torso and closing her eyes.

||
Hmm?