Chapter 22

Wow, I'm going to be introduced to the pack. I'm...I'm going to be Luna.
*****
"Hello, the beloved beings of my pack, I am proud to introduce to you, your new queen and luna Leya Winters!"

The crowd begins to cheer, actually cheer. They look genuinely pleased.

"Thank you. I know you will all do your best to make her feel welcomed into her new duties. Just as you all have welcomed me into my own." Ethan looks at me and gives me a passionate kiss in front of thousands of wolves. I can't even manage to kiss him back properly, but all he does is smile.

Even more of an uproar is heard, but of course I hear Chassidy's above them all. "Yes Luna! Yes, you better be proud. You better make me proud!" Mike stands near her with and awkward nod of acknowledgement. I smile at that.

My mate rubs his nose against mine. "I love you so much Leya. And I hope one day you'll feel the same. No, I know."

"What?" I whisper. Then it hits me, He doesn't know I love him because I got sidetracked last time I planned to tell him.

"You may now, all feast upon whatever looks to your liking." Ethan says.

The crowd disperses and in the middle of it all, I see Ethan's father. Yet for some reason, I'm no longer trembling in the mere presence of this man.

"Ethan Keith! What is the meaning of this?" He strides towards us with an evident look of betrayal written on his face.

"This is my introduction ceremony for their new Luna." Ethan seethes the sentence.

"This runt is not our.."

His father is interrupted with a growl. "This is my mate, the woman I love, and you do not have a say in such matters. If you have a problem with the way I rule or choose my queen, you may challenge me in any way you please." Ethan holds pride within his words and somehow appears taller. It's as if his height grew along with the amount of intimidation he brought upon his father.

To my surprise, Ethan's father's glare recedes somewhat. In a low voice I swear I hear him say, "You remind me of me defending your mother..." Yet before I can confirm the glimpse, he looks my way with suspicion and walks off.

I release a breath that I didn't know I was holding. My body feels...relieved. Next thing I know, I'm quite literally embraced by a familiar scent.

Mom...

"Our baby is all grown up!" My father beams. He stands next to Chassidy who just gives me a big smile.

My mother however is just a puddle of tears when she releases me.

"We can't stay for long, your mom wants to make you two her own personal feast at home, but congrats Leya. Next is the wedding ceremony." Chassidy winks. "Come on Mrs. Winters." All three leave just as quickly as they came.

I look to my mate blankly. "What now?"

Ethan loosely wraps his arms around my waist and hums in false thought. "Now, we live happily ever after and face whatever comes at us together." He smiles. "Because as much as I treated you terribly in the past, I am no longer your bully, but your mate."

I can't help the words that slip past my lips. "I love you."

My mate's eyes widen comically. Yet it is short lived, for the next thing I know, his lips caress mine in a passionate kiss.

The kiss holds a promise of the happiness that is meant to come further down along the line.

-The End